News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Heroes

Started by Tank, November 21, 2011, 03:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Hmm... Are there supervillains with Powers(tm) there..? Because I think I'd rather choose from that list  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on November 26, 2011, 12:27:06 AM
Hmm... Are there supervillains with Powers(tm) there..? Because I think I'd rather choose from that list  ;D
*spoilers*

One of the villians' "super power" is the ability to steal other people's powers. He spends the first season doing this by taking off the tops of his victim's skulls, taking their power, and then leaving them for dead. He's super smart, scary and badass.

I think you'd like him.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 26, 2011, 12:39:26 AM
I think you'd like him.
Like..? Based on your description, I'd probably happily hire him.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on November 26, 2011, 12:42:53 AM
I think you'd like him.

Oh, he only steals the powers for himself. He's power-hungry, you see.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 26, 2011, 01:20:25 AM
I think you'd like him.

Did they ever explain what the head opening thing was about, and why he needed to do that to steal powers?  I know a lot of people thought he was eating their brains, but I remember an episode where he denied it.  Of course, he could have been lying, crazy that he was.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 26, 2011, 02:06:18 AM
I think you'd like him.

Did they ever explain what the head opening thing was about, and why he needed to do that to steal powers?  I know a lot of people thought he was eating their brains, but I remember an episode where he denied it.  Of course, he could have been lying, crazy that he was.

I think his whole thing was that he was a genius about "figuring stuff out", or just being able to "know" how something works. I don't think he ever ate their brains, but he opened up their skulls to get a good look at them and poke around in them and whatnot.

Asmodean

I think you'd like him.

There is a code among evil: evil things defer to obviously greater evil, while scheming and plotting to overthrow it. So all The Asmo needs to do, is be the evilest there is AND sit firmly on his throne.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If you couldn't be a Peter would you be Sylar?

Peter can 'clone' other people's powers with no harm to the other person, Saylar can take another person's power, but with one exception, has to kill the other person to get the power and he does, a lot!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Are there any powers you would like that you haven't seen in the show?

I have one I would like, but it's far too rude for a mixed age forum  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2011, 08:59:37 AM
has to kill the other person to get the power and he does, a lot!
That there. The Asmo approves  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2011, 09:01:20 AM
I have one I would like, but it's far too rude for a mixed age forum  ;D

*raises eyebrow*

Happy_Is_Good

Quote from: Tank on November 21, 2011, 03:21:43 PM
Just discovered the whole series on playback on my cable subscription, just past halfway of series 3 now.

So if you could only have one superpower (and not Peter's ! (he could absorb other people's powers)) what would it be?

I'd definitely go for being able to heal like Claire as I could settle down and plan for a century (millenia) long life.

Thanks for letting me know about the series....I love it!

I downloaded all four seasons, and although I have only seen a fraction, I already know what power I would like if I could only have one power: Master of Time and Space.  I think I could have some fun with this power.  I mean, after I have taken Wall Street, The City and Las Vegas to "The Cleaners", I would set up a worldwide network of charity hospitals for the poor, the wealthy...everybody! 

Then, I would instruct my network of scientists to find a cure for AIDS, Malaria, the common cold and PMS (maybe PMS first, for my wife is maybe more powerful than the "Master of Time and Space").  But I would try!

DeterminedJuliet

I just started watching the last season tonight! It's getting sooooo good again! Season 2 hits a bit of a lull, but season three bounces back a bit.
My favourite character, hands down, is Hiro.  ;D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 16, 2011, 04:17:42 AM
My favourite character, hands down, is Hiro.  ;D

And he badasses up so nicely!

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

The chap who plays Hiro has an IQ of 180 and acts for fun. He works at Dreamworks(?) doing animation programs.