News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

One that I heard was about a British lady, who asked how long it would take to walk from the cruise-ship to the city. At the reception she got the reply, "It will take about 40 minutes". She asked back "Are these American or European minutes?"
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Senior Driver

I was working in my front yard yesterday when I was startled by a car that veered off the roadway,  clipped the tree on the lawn and ended up in the bushes at the side of house.  Luckily it missed me by a couple of feet.
I rushed over to see if the driver was OK and discovered it was an elderly lady, who could hardly see over the dashboard.  I helped her out, and I sat her down on a lawn chair.
She seemed to be unhurt, just a bit shaken, but otherwise fine.  I said to her that she appeared to be rather old to be still driving a car.
"Well, yes, I am," she replied proudly.  "I'll be 97 next month."  I told her I was surprised that she still had a driver's license, and  she said she was now old enough that she didn't need one any more.
"You don't?" I asked.  I was amazed to hear that.
"No I don't," she said proudly.  "The last time I went to my doctor he examined my eyes and asked if I had a driver's license.  I told him yes and showed it to him.  He got a pair of scissors, cut the license into pieces, and threw them in the waste basket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore,' so I thanked him and left!"

Crow

Retired member.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crow

Retired member.

Firebird

So my father presented this to me as a joke, but it turns out this may have actually happened. Anyway...

One year, at Duke, there were these two guys who were taking Chemistry and who did pretty well on all of the quizzes and the midterms and labs, such that going into the final they had a solid A. These two friends were so confident going into the final that the weekend before finals week (even though the Chemistry final was on Monday), they decided to go up to Virginia and party with some friends up there. So they did this and had a great time. However, with their hangovers and everything, they overslept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Duke until early Monday morning.
Rather than taking the final then, what they did was to find Professor Bonk after the final and explain to him why they missed the final. They told him that they went up to UV for the weekend, and had planned to come back in time to study, but that they had a flat tire on the way back and didn't have a spare and couldn't get help for a long time and so were late getting back to campus. Bonk thought this over and then agreed that they could make up the final on the following day. The two guys were elated and relieved.

So, they studied that night and went in the next day at the time that Bonk had told them. He placed them in separate rooms and handed each of them a test booklet and told them to begin. They looked at the first problem, which was something simple about morality and solutions and was worth 5 points. "Cool" they thought, "this is going to be easy." They did that problem and then turned the page. They were unprepared, however, for what they saw on the next page.

It said: (95 points) Which tire?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Lee

Quote from: Firebird on May 28, 2015, 03:15:28 AM
So my father presented this to me as a joke, but it turns out this may have actually happened. Anyway...

One year, at Duke, there were these two guys who were taking Chemistry and who did pretty well on all of the quizzes and the midterms and labs, such that going into the final they had a solid A. These two friends were so confident going into the final that the weekend before finals week (even though the Chemistry final was on Monday), they decided to go up to Virginia and party with some friends up there. So they did this and had a great time. However, with their hangovers and everything, they overslept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Duke until early Monday morning.
Rather than taking the final then, what they did was to find Professor Bonk after the final and explain to him why they missed the final. They told him that they went up to UV for the weekend, and had planned to come back in time to study, but that they had a flat tire on the way back and didn't have a spare and couldn't get help for a long time and so were late getting back to campus. Bonk thought this over and then agreed that they could make up the final on the following day. The two guys were elated and relieved.

So, they studied that night and went in the next day at the time that Bonk had told them. He placed them in separate rooms and handed each of them a test booklet and told them to begin. They looked at the first problem, which was something simple about morality and solutions and was worth 5 points. "Cool" they thought, "this is going to be easy." They did that problem and then turned the page. They were unprepared, however, for what they saw on the next page.

It said: (95 points) Which tire?

Hahahahahaha..... freaking awesome!

Icarus

Larry

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Epicurus [341-270 B.C.E.]

"And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
God gave the Secret, and denied it me?-
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too."
Rubaiyat, R. Le Gallienne, transl.

Claireliontamer

Essie Mae

Dense I know, but I don't know what I am looking at here.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare