News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

Asmodean

Nope. No beard or forwardd-facing eyebrow-thing or pointy ears.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

OldGit

All the names get changed in the translation.  Asterix's dog Idéefix is called Dogmatix in the English version.

Tom62

Quote from: OldGit on November 26, 2013, 08:11:52 PM
All the names get changed in the translation.  Asterix's dog Idéefix is called Dogmatix in the English version.

I was just kidding. Some of these translations are pretty weird though for Milou. We call him Bobbie, in the UK he is called "Snowy", in South Africa "Spokie" (Afrikaans) and here in Germany his name is "Stroupi". Idéfix name however is pretty much the same in most countries (English speaking countries excluded).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2013, 07:50:52 PM
Saw this...

... thought of Claire and jj  :D

Hmmmmmm, I actually don't think in the past year I've ever been grumpy towards JJ, in fact he cheers me up and calms me down when I'm grumpy at other people!

jumbojak

Quote from: Claireliontamer on November 27, 2013, 07:56:06 PMHmmmmmm, I actually don't think in the past year I've ever been grumpy towards JJ

Oh, yes you have! I deseved it though....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Pasta Chick

It's true.  In fact, her ideal day would be a long with me, in which she finds and rolls in all sorts of deer, rabbit, and lizard poop (she REALLY loves lizard poop!), then kills a squirrel to bring home and chew on while she hides in her crate. 

Amicale

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 28, 2013, 03:02:12 AM

It's true.  In fact, her ideal day would be a long with me, in which she finds and rolls in all sorts of deer, rabbit, and lizard poop (she REALLY loves lizard poop!), then kills a squirrel to bring home and chew on while she hides in her crate. 

:o and people wonder why I'm a cat person.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan