News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

In Stev13jay's opinion

Started by Stev13jay, November 02, 2011, 08:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stev13jay

Quote from: Tank on November 02, 2011, 10:59:15 PM
Poor Steve, starts a thread and we go and de-rail it.

Serious question. Will you send your kid to school or home school? What factors will influence your choice.

As of right now I plan on sending my son to public school my sons very young and I have time to decide. Some factors that weight in are the separation of church and state in public school. I don't think the government needs to be preaching to our kids. Teach children about religion or notbisnup to the parents. Also another factor is test scores ibwould really like yo find a private non religious school but in my area I can't find one. I hope that answers your question.

OldGit

Quote from: Stev13jay
Sell that's sort of a tough question according to pastafarians you can be but by definition of atheism you don't believe in a god or gods so to be pastafarian and believe in the flying spaghetti monster as a creator or god would contradict being an atheist but if you look at the fsm as a parody religion like myself you can be but according to he creator of the fsm or founder or the one who discovered it claims it as real religion so in my opinion a pastafarian can be atheist but a true atheist wouldn't believe in the fsm kind of contradicting I hope that makes since

Steve, that's a sensible answer, but - if I might offer a bit of well-meant advice - some basic punctuation would make it so much easier to read.

Sell, that's sort of a tough question.  According to pastafarians you can be, but by definition of atheism you don't believe in a god or gods. So, to be pastafarian and believe in the flying spaghetti monster as a creator or god would contradict being an atheist; but if you look at the fsm as a parody religion - like myself - you can be, but according to the  .....

I do hope you don't mind my doing that as an example.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Stev13jay on November 02, 2011, 11:29:24 PM
Quote from: OldGit on November 02, 2011, 01:36:36 PM
Please do not joke about the Holy Food; our Noodly Lord boiled for your sins.  ;D

Stev13jay, can a Pastafarian be an atheist, or vice versa?

Sell that's sort of a tough question according to pastafarians you can be but by definition of atheism you don't believe in a god or gods so to be pastafarian and believe in the flying spaghetti monster as a creator or god would contradict being an atheist but if you look at the fsm as a parody religion like myself you can be but according to he creator of the fsm or founder or the one who discovered it claims it as real religion so in my opinion a pastafarian can be atheist but a true atheist wouldn't believe in the fsm kind of contradicting I hope that makes since

Do you believe in periods?

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 04, 2011, 01:53:40 AM
Quote from: Stev13jay on November 02, 2011, 11:29:24 PM
Quote from: OldGit on November 02, 2011, 01:36:36 PM
Please do not joke about the Holy Food; our Noodly Lord boiled for your sins.  ;D

Stev13jay, can a Pastafarian be an atheist, or vice versa?

Do you believe in periods?
He has a wife and a son so I woulld think so.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Stev13jay

Periods? Female periods yes. Periods of time yes pretty much any periods yes. The ones at the end of my sentence yes. So my answer is yes all around.

Stev13jay

Well it seems like I've been getting a few questions on here. I thought I might try to ask everyone on here a question. As atheist what is everyones opinion on gay marriage? I've debated my wife about this we are both atheist and share different opinions about this subject. So let me hear all yours. Thanks for your time.

DeterminedJuliet

There's another thread about this, but I am pro-gay marriage!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 05, 2011, 01:06:14 AM
There's another thread about this
Several, in fact... Or so I seem to remember.

In any case, I'm not exactly pro mattiage in general (Why bother?), but I do not discriminate. If someone wants it, no matter whether gay, straight, transgendered, bisexual or whatever, let them have it, I say.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If any two (or more) people want to stick a public label on their relationship they are perfectly entitled to do so; whatever that label may be, none of my business or concern as it has no material impact on me or anybody else.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Stev13jay on November 05, 2011, 12:41:00 AM
Well it seems like I've been getting a few questions on here. I thought I might try to ask everyone on here a question. As atheist what is everyones opinion on gay marriage? I've debated my wife about this we are both atheist and share different opinions about this subject. So let me hear all yours. Thanks for your time.

I don't think too many people on this forum are going to have a problem with gay marriage. Does that agree with your position or your wife's position?  Do you actually debate her?  Who moderates?

Stev13jay

Well it seems like everyone pretty much agree about gay marriage, which means everyone agrees with me. As to who moderates my wife and myself when we debate no one. It end with my wife saying she doesn't want to hear my reasoning . She believes what she does and doesn't like to debate at all actually. So it doesn't go far, we just agree to disagree.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Stev13jay on November 05, 2011, 02:57:52 PM
Well it seems like everyone pretty much agree about gay marriage, which means everyone agrees with me. As to who moderates my wife and myself when we debate no one. It end with my wife saying she doesn't want to hear my reasoning . She believes what she does and doesn't like to debate at all actually. So it doesn't go far, we just agree to disagree.

Time for a couple of blatantly sexist jokes:

"There are two theories about arguing with a woman - and both of them are wrong."

"The woman always gets the last word in an argument. If the man says anything after that, it's just the start of another argument."

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 05, 2011, 06:31:48 PM

"There are two theories about arguing with a woman - and both of them are wrong."

"The woman always gets the last word in an argument. If the man says anything after that, it's just the start of another argument."

If they're blatantly sexist, why do you think they're okay? If I said "here are some blatantly racist jokes" should I still expect everyone to laugh?

Seriously, between this, the "end of the male" thread you started, and some of the other comments you made, I'm seriously starting to wonder if you have unresolved issues towards women. 

*sits and waits for "humourless feminist" comments*
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 05, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 05, 2011, 06:31:48 PM

If they're blatantly sexist, why do you think they're okay? If I said "here are some blatantly racist jokes" should I still expect everyone to laugh?

Seriously, between this, the "end of the male" thread you started, and some of the other comments you made, I'm seriously starting to wonder if you have unresolved issues towards women. 

*sits and waits for "humourless feminist" comments*

Apparently my sense of humor and what I am used to doesn't play well here.  I work with a number of women in an office, and generally there is fairly good-natured office banter about this subject.  My typical female co-worker would simply use my jokes as an opportunity to say something about men.  My apologies for offending you.  I hereby banish myself to further sensitivity training.     

DeterminedJuliet

I appreciate your response, and I know it's hard to draw the line on being "PC" (especially on the internet), so thanks for that :)

I just think the whole "battle of sexes" thing does a disservice to everyone. I work with a lot of women too (everyone in my clinic is a woman, actually) and I hate it when they get on with man bashing. I have to sit and bite my tongue when they talk about "being whiny like a man" and garbage like that. They expect me to shit-talk my husband a lot, and they get annoyed when I won't, so I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine, coming from anyone.

Anyhoo,
Back to your regularly scheduled thread!