News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

In Stev13jay's opinion

Started by Stev13jay, November 02, 2011, 08:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stev13jay

Well I want to start this page cause it seems like I have an opinion on everything im just one man and want to voice my opinions to others and see what people think I will answer an question and debate anyone that has an argument. Im an atheist, and think for myself. I know that all atheist don't think alike and like to compare thoughts and give my views and reasons why. So feel free to ask me my opinion and open up a debate. Anything from abortions to capital punishment, drugs and the separation of church and state. So please feel free tobvoice your own opinions and send some topics to this forum. I would like to thank everyone for there time.

Stev13jay

Stevil

Quote from: Stev13jay on November 02, 2011, 08:27:29 AM
Well I want to start this page cause it seems like I have an opinion on everything
Would you consider al dante pasta to be undercooked?

Stev13jay

Most definitely not its perfect I went through a year of cooking classes and that's how I was taught

Tank

Quote from: Stev13jay on November 02, 2011, 09:06:56 AM
Most definitely not its perfect I went through a year of cooking classes and that's how I was taught
What a perfect response! Love it  :D

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ildiko

Quote from: Stevil on November 02, 2011, 09:03:47 AM
Would you consider al dante pasta to be undercooked?

Al Dante? Infernal stuff.

OldGit

Please do not joke about the Holy Food; our Noodly Lord boiled for your sins.  ;D

Stev13jay, can a Pastafarian be an atheist, or vice versa?

Asmodean

Quote from: Ildiko on November 02, 2011, 11:44:54 AM
They ought to name some dish after me too... Kebab D'Asmodeani, for instane... Has nice ring to it, but those who name things never listen. :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on November 02, 2011, 01:38:07 PM
Quote from: Ildiko on November 02, 2011, 11:44:54 AM
They ought to name some dish after me too... Kebab D'Asmodeani, for instane... Has nice ring to it, but those who name things never listen. :(

Would that be grey lumps on a stick? Doesn't sound very appealing...
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Uh... Have you SEEN the sort of crap that normally goes inta' ye regular street vendor variety kebab..? If that "meat" was just gray, I'd call it edible.

And of course, Kebab D'Asmo would be gray with lotsa' Habanero peppers for spicing.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Actually that grey lump looks like an onion enough. Could pass for one ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2011, 06:56:22 PM
Add some of Asmo's patented bitterness, and it sure can  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on November 02, 2011, 09:07:53 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2011, 06:56:22 PM
Add some of Asmo's patented bitterness, and it sure can  ;D

Sometimes you make people cry!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Poor Steve, starts a thread and we go and de-rail it.

Serious question. Will you send your kid to school or home school? What factors will influence your choice.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 02, 2011, 10:56:19 PM
Sometimes you make people cry!
Dung beatles roll dung, dogs lick their butts and Asmodeans do what Asmodeans do.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Stev13jay

Quote from: OldGit on November 02, 2011, 01:36:36 PM
Please do not joke about the Holy Food; our Noodly Lord boiled for your sins.  ;D

Stev13jay, can a Pastafarian be an atheist, or vice versa?

Sell that's sort of a tough question according to pastafarians you can be but by definition of atheism you don't believe in a god or gods so to be pastafarian and believe in the flying spaghetti monster as a creator or god would contradict being an atheist but if you look at the fsm as a parody religion like myself you can be but according to he creator of the fsm or founder or the one who discovered it claims it as real religion so in my opinion a pastafarian can be atheist but a true atheist wouldn't believe in the fsm kind of contradicting I hope that makes since