News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Derren Brown - The Assassin

Started by Crow, October 25, 2011, 07:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Recently broadcast on Channel 4 this program tries to find out if it is possible to hypnotize a person to assassinate a target (Steven Fry) without the person being aware of their actions. Highly recommend.

Part one

Edit: Link is now broken but here is the full episode. I'm unsure if it will work outside the UK though.

The Assassin
Retired member.

Recusant

Thank you for posting that link, Crow. My skepticism is aroused by certain things in the show, but I don't know enough about hypnotism to make any definitive statements about its subject. I do know that some people are much more susceptible to hypnotism than others, and that being the case, the idea that a person could be programmed to assassinate somebody seems possible. Whether that's what happened in the Robert Kennedy assassination will probably never be known. There is a theory that some rogue operatives of the CIA were behind that assassination, but whether any of them could be connected to hypnotizing Sirhan Sirhan, I couldn't say either.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Too Few Lions

this does sound a bit like The Manchurian Candidate.

xSilverPhinx

I just watched this, like Recusant I too am a bit sceptical, but intrigued by just how confused and baffled Sirhan Sirhan looks in the court scenes. Of course he could've not done it as was set up without needing to undergo such extreme brainwashing and programming, but I'm not going to derail this thread into a discussion on whether Sirhan Sirhan could have been the perpetrator or not.

Can't wait to watch the next show!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey