News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The Bible Summed Up In One Short Sentence

Started by Earthling, October 28, 2011, 07:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Xjeepguy on November 02, 2011, 01:17:10 PM
Quote from: Too Few Lions on November 02, 2011, 01:07:36 PM
Quote from: Heisenberg on November 01, 2011, 08:59:55 PM
I've got the shortest sentence yet... FICTION

Hell it's barely a fragment.
:D that's perfect! If I worked in a bookstore I'd definitely have to put all the Bibles in the fiction section

They already have a section for it at my local mall.

absolutely brilliant! If that was my local bookstore I'd keep moving the Bibles into that section if I ever found them in any other part of the shop such as 'religion'!

history_geek

:D that's perfect! If I worked in a bookstore I'd definitely have to put all the Bibles in the fiction section

One bloke actually did do that here in Finland. Pity that for his efforts he was rather promtly fired from what I hear :/  Reather for work ethic reasons, then religious, if I've understood corrcetly. Even book shops take things seriusly if you fail to put things into the places specified by the rules O.O

But to be honest, "religion" is just another word for "'we made it up so you can believe it'-fiction", in most cases  ;) ;D

And if i had to sum up the bible it would go something like:

When I'm in a good mood, it's silly, when less so, think of every possible way to say "horrible" and "disgutsing" and you've got it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

no_god_know_peace

This thread reminds me of this funny video I once watched on youtube, take a look @ the link :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_k8JjVWQA

Xjeepguy

Quote from: Too Few Lions on November 02, 2011, 06:34:49 PM
Quote from: Xjeepguy on November 02, 2011, 01:17:10 PM

They already have a section for it at my local mall.

absolutely brilliant! If that was my local bookstore I'd keep moving the Bibles into that section if I ever found them in any other part of the shop such as 'religion'!

I came across that sign a while ago and snapped the pic because I found it amusing. My wife did stop me from moving the stack of bibles to directly under the sign. She doesn't like getting thrown out of stores as much as I, nor does she despise the mall as much as I.
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

I can sum up the bible in one sentence...Lets see... there is:

Punishment, incest, death by turning into pillars of salt, lies, deceit, polygamy, women haters, genital mutilation, cutting off hands, slavery, death by drowning, death by crucifixion, a spaceship in Ezekiel, death by hanging, death by beheading, death by plague, death by stoning, by famine and the wild beasts of the earth, death by earthquakes, death by locus, by fallen stars, by hail storms, death by numbers on forehead, and my favorite: death by being pushed into an eternal burning fire or a fiery lake of burning sulfur and the rest are killed with the sword that comes out of the mouth of the rider on a horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

That pretty much sums up the bible in one sentence. You don't need to see a scary movie, if you want to be frightened or tormented, read the bible. They say the holy book has all the answers, but if I were you, I would just Google it.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Too Few Lions

a friend emailed me this the other day that sums the Bible up quite nicely, although I don't believe any of it's 1600 years old...