News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

"transgenderism" in children

Started by AngelOfDeath, December 10, 2017, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: jumbojak on August 23, 2023, 10:50:36 AM
Quote from: Recusant on August 23, 2023, 03:17:00 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 22, 2023, 10:27:01 PMI remember years ago, a significant campaign amongst atheists was banning female circumcision. Even in cases where the girl wanted this to happen. Now... genital mutilation is touted as healthcare because a child can choose. It's disgusting.

Do you believe that it is a common practice to perform gender reassignment surgery on children? If so, please cite your sources. For reference:

"Young Children Do Not Receive Medical Gender Transition Treatment" | FactCheck.org

I don't even have to read the article to know for a fact that it is bullshit. And that's not because the article - as it presents its information with its particular definitions - isn't technically true. You can frame a lot of things in a technically true way.

It's because gender surgeries are being performed on children, and doing so is wrong. The only way you can claim that it does not happen is by excluding anyone going through puberty. While it would indeed be barbarous to surgically castrate a six year old it is no less barbaric to castrate a seventeen year old.

To then have that persons mother boast about threatening sexual assault so their surgical wound doesn't heal is sick. Jazz Jennings mother said this on television.

OK, so no sources.  However you are certain that while the source I provide may be "technically true" it is "bullshit."  I understand, and will desist. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

jumbojak

Quote from: Recusant on August 23, 2023, 02:51:09 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 23, 2023, 10:50:36 AM
Quote from: Recusant on August 23, 2023, 03:17:00 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 22, 2023, 10:27:01 PMI remember years ago, a significant campaign amongst atheists was banning female circumcision. Even in cases where the girl wanted this to happen. Now... genital mutilation is touted as healthcare because a child can choose. It's disgusting.

Do you believe that it is a common practice to perform gender reassignment surgery on children? If so, please cite your sources. For reference:

"Young Children Do Not Receive Medical Gender Transition Treatment" | FactCheck.org

I don't even have to read the article to know for a fact that it is bullshit. And that's not because the article - as it presents its information with its particular definitions - isn't technically true. You can frame a lot of things in a technically true way.

It's because gender surgeries are being performed on children, and doing so is wrong. The only way you can claim that it does not happen is by excluding anyone going through puberty. While it would indeed be barbarous to surgically castrate a six year old it is no less barbaric to castrate a seventeen year old.

To then have that persons mother boast about threatening sexual assault so their surgical wound doesn't heal is sick. Jazz Jennings mother said this on television.

OK, so no sources.  However you are certain that while the source I provide may be "technically true" it is "bullshit."  I understand, and will desist. 

Very well. I'm not going to pretend to understand. I used my break to read that article and it specifically says that adolescents - otherwise known as children - are eligible for gender surgery. So yeah, bullshit.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz