News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Christian Nonduality

Started by Me_Be, March 16, 2024, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorkan

Quote from: Asmodean on April 05, 2024, 01:30:18 PMI have no idea if that's how the biosphere is likely to meet its doom, or if it will stick around to witness the Sun going red giant on this planet's bottom

Velikovsky fable:
Worlds in Collision (book) "proposes that Venus formed inside of Jupiter, and that around the 15th century BCE, it was ejected from Jupiter as a comet or comet-like object and subsequently passed near Earth, though an actual collision with the Earth is not mentioned. In doing so it changed Earth's orbit and axial inclination, causing innumerable catastrophes which were identified in early mythologies and religious traditions from human civilizations around the world. Fifty-two years later, it again made a close approach, stopping the Earth's rotation for a while and causing more catastrophes. Then, in the 8th and 7th centuries BCE, Mars (itself displaced by Venus) made close approaches to the Earth; this incident caused a new round of disturbances and disasters. After that, the current "celestial order" was established. The courses of the planets stabilized over the centuries and Venus gradually became a "normal" planet."

Suppose Jupiter which is more than twice as big as all other planets combined decides to spew out another comet which this time hits Earth, then we're doomed.
Doomed!
So what, I ain't bovvered.

Asmodean

Quote from: Me_Be on April 05, 2024, 04:27:03 PMAwareness is the only ONE real reality.
Explain. What precludes other realities from existing?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Me_Be

Quote from: Asmodean on April 07, 2024, 09:45:44 AM
Quote from: Me_Be on April 05, 2024, 04:27:03 PMAwareness is the only ONE real reality.
Explain. What precludes other realities from existing?
I don't think nothing precludes other realities existing since the word ''other'' is simply a different 'appearance' of the same ONE existence. The claim 'I exist' is the same experience for every person, and although every person's experience of existence is different, the difference is simply an appearance of the same one aware real existence.

For example: I believe the actual possibility of there being a conscious experience where consciousness is able to be aware it is aware, appears to itself as an ''other' where the illusion of duality is born.

Thought creates a duality, where the same one reality splits into many; into many existing parts by being aware it is aware. Suddenly there is an awareness of I am a ''person'' or a ''self''

This introspection points to the very fact that we are all the same person being different parts of the same one existence unaware of the 'other' experiences; as all 'other' experiences are happening simultaneously all at once within the same one aware reality.

It seems there's just one reality appearing as the many, so yes, on the one hand; it seems there are many different realities, but on the other hand, those ''other's'' are unavailable since they are simply part but NEVER apart of the same one infinite aware existence.

There is already a potentially infinite period of time where you didn't exist, which ended when you were born. And if you return to the state you were in before you were born after you die, what's stopping you from existing again and again and again, because the very concept of 'you' is already known by the ''Actual'' direct experience of being aware of being aware in the first place.

That's the only explanation I've got for the ONE and true real reality, which seems feasible to me right now. It's what I believe anyway, but doesn't mean it's seen this way for every person. It's just my opinion, due to how I perceive reality as and through the lens of my own personal direct experience of what thinking on a philosophical human level means to me here.

''It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk''

"she was completely whole
and yet never fully complete"
― Maquita Donyel Irvin

zorkan

Quote from: Me_Be on April 14, 2024, 09:13:19 AMThere is already a potentially infinite period of time where you didn't exist, which ended when you were born. And if you return to the state you were in before you were born after you die, what's stopping you from existing again and again and again, because the very concept of 'you' is already known by the ''Actual'' direct experience of being aware of being aware in the first place.

Entropy.

Me_Be

Quote from: zorkan on April 14, 2024, 12:31:36 PM
Quote from: Me_Be on April 14, 2024, 09:13:19 AMThere is already a potentially infinite period of time where you didn't exist, which ended when you were born. And if you return to the state you were in before you were born after you die, what's stopping you from existing again and again and again, because the very concept of 'you' is already known by the ''Actual'' direct experience of being aware of being aware in the first place.

Entropy.

What if the known concept of 'you' is actually referring to the entire everything that is alternatively known as the universe itself. It seems that everything that is the universe is moving more towards 'higher entropy' (increasing) rather than 'lower entropy' (decreasing)

Such measurements can simply be known as and through the concept of ''time'' which must be a 'thing' albeit a temporal appearance of what is ultimately timeless /absolute and eternal.

'Appearances'' such as high and low entropy in physical systems can be observed relatively, whereas absolute timeless eternity cannot be observed; but only known as an idea in relative terms by association; meaning while (entropy and time) appear real enough within awareness, they are in fact both real and unreal within our awareness of language and knowledge; as no one ever witnessed the beginning or ending of the entire universe itself as one whole unitary thing.

Knowledge of any thing does not actually exist outside of the brains capacity to construct it using concepts via language which can only point to the illusory nature of reality, in that ultimately, is of an unknowable nature, even to itself.
''It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk''

"she was completely whole
and yet never fully complete"
― Maquita Donyel Irvin

Icarus

This thread is in the wrong section. It should be in the philosophy section. The contributors are certainly serious thinkers who post some high minded content

One of the things that I boast about is; although we are happy "atheists" we do not discuss religion, or the absence of it, as a main thrust. We devote more space to petrol heads, photography, music, and strange antipodean stuff that Puddin brings us.

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2024, 03:58:29 AMThis thread is in the wrong section. It should be in the philosophy section. The contributors are certainly serious thinkers who post some high minded content
It's a good discussion, though with a few circle-going tendencies. :smilenod:

I have not checked in for a bit, so some reading and [hopefully high-IQ to live up to the compiment] replying to do. Yep. 8)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

What's stopping me from existing again and again and again is the arrow of time (rel. to entropy).
"Just as well", did I hear.

Even the Greeks knew this.
When granted eternal life Tithonus was stuck in his old body.
If he'd asked the gods for eternal youth he wouldn't have been granted eternal life.