Main Menu

Pastor Stahl Calls For A National Registry Of Atheists

Started by xSilverPhinx, August 31, 2011, 09:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Xjeepguy

Nice one Stevil lol

They could pin an "A" to our shirt that must stay there by law, then we would all have to go to these train cars, have our fillings pulled and..... Haven't I heard this story somewhere before?

This preacher is living proof of why in-breeding is illegal.
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

Velma

Quote from: Melmoth on September 01, 2011, 02:41:07 PM
He since stated that it was written in parody

http://pastormikeschurch.blogspot.com/2011/09/relax-my-dear-atheist-friendsthere-will.html

Though I'm not sure I buy it.
I certainly don't buy it given the way he deleted his facebook page and made his blog accessible only to invited readers.  This was just the best story he could come up with to try to explain away his intolerance.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Xjeepguy on September 02, 2011, 05:13:56 PM
Nice one Stevil lol

They could pin an "A" to our shirt that must stay there by law, then we would all have to go to these train cars, have our fillings pulled and..... Haven't I heard this story somewhere before?

This preacher is living proof of why in-breeding is illegal.

Lol!!
I'll proudly pin an A to my shirt.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2011, 10:40:02 PM
Youtube on the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHyVWCoJdg

Stahl's one of the vocal ones... just think of how many people believe as he does, but are unwilling to say it.

I liked the video, right up until the end.  The final phrase just sounds like a threat.
"We are atheists. We are everywhere. And no list will ever contain us."

IMHO, it would have been a stronger message without that phrase.
Just sounds like the Borg!

Anyway, Stahl's suggestion is just sickening.
But he and his thoughts came from somewhere.
It's being fostered and festered, that's for sure.

(time to move),
JoeActor

p.s. props to Stevil - very creative!

Sweetdeath

I love (and fear) The Borg. xD
But yeah, that message was cheesy.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

JuggernautJon

This guy disturbs me in that he listed me (someone he doesn't know) in the same category as rapists/molesters and killers and scum of the earth basically. Now...in my opinion...thats a pretty big judgement for a christian. And isn't christianity about not judging others? Hypocritical wackos
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Melmoth on September 01, 2011, 02:41:07 PM
He since stated that it was written in parody

http://pastormikeschurch.blogspot.com/2011/09/relax-my-dear-atheist-friendsthere-will.html

Though I'm not sure I buy it.

I'm certain I don't.  You know, it always stuns me when someone can't understand getting a harsh reaction from people he's insulted.  As the man of the cloth said, duh.

QuoteNever heard of a 'stink eye' before?

I would describe it as a "you fucking idiot" look.  My cat gave me the stink eye once.  I actually got a picture of it and if I could figure out how to post pictures, I'd show you.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

I wanna see your cat giving the stink eye!  *laughs*