News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

TV Adverts You Enjoy.

Started by ThinkAnarchy, August 18, 2011, 08:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

I'll admit to loving the original, human, version of this commercial but this take off does give me quite a giggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JsbSolUF5c
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

my favourite advert ever has to be the Dunlop 'Tested for the Unexpected' ad from 1993. I was 21 at the time and it blew me away;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWWtgqDG2M

It also introduced me to the Velvet Underground for which I am eternally grateful.

I'm a bit too young to remember the ad or the product, but I do also rather like this Hai Karate 'Gamesmanship' ad. I hope it shifted lots of cheap aftershave back in the 70s;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbLM0piFIc8

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 25, 2011, 11:43:32 PM
Just saw this and had to laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU6hmgTY76M
Adverts like this remind me of a problem faced by compaines in America with a drug testing policy. A person I know who works in HR told me they had to drop drug testing for anybody involved in marketing. While the adverts noted a company 'drug free' policy they had no applications. When they took the note off the adverts people would phone to find out if their was a drug test and without exception hung if they were told there was one.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Tank

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Davin

Not a real advert, but I thought it was funny: Lunchablez
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on November 10, 2011, 12:02:29 AM
Drama Queen

;D  I don't know which I'd do first -- ground her for a month or find her an acting coach.
Sandy

Davin

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 10, 2011, 01:47:23 AM
Drama Queen

;D  I don't know which I'd do first -- ground her for a month or find her an acting coach.
I've decided to train all my nephews and nieces.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on November 10, 2011, 02:51:05 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 10, 2011, 01:47:23 AM
Drama Queen

;D  I don't know which I'd do first -- ground her for a month or find her an acting coach.
I've decided to train all my nephews and nieces.

Bad uncle!  Bad!  (It's occurs to me it would be kinder to give your nieces and nephews drum kits and encourage them to practice constantly.)
Sandy