News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Who do you really hate?

Started by McQ, July 26, 2011, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DaemonWulf on August 22, 2011, 08:34:00 PM
being the new guy, i hope the irony came through. ;)

Yes it did!  And it was quite amusing :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DaemonWulf

Quote from: Tank on August 22, 2011, 09:06:05 PM
Quote from: DaemonWulf on August 22, 2011, 08:53:21 PM
Yes, I certainly think I'm going to enjoy myself here.  ;D
The one thing you really need to understand and take to heart here is that theists are not second class citizens. If you troll the theists here you will get warned and if it continues you will get kicked. That's not a threat, just advise, as I really do think you're going to fit in here just fine.

Oh no, no worries...

I don't think any class of people is lower than the rest of us, unless hateful scumbags counts as a "class" of people, which I really don't believe. I don't troll anyone undeserving; by that I mean I have trolled, but only people that earn it. I recently trolled some people that may have identified as theists, but it wasn't what they were so much as the content of their posts. For instance, if you tell me "only sluts get raped", I'm gonna troll ya. But it has nothing to do with theism or atheism, more to do with common human decency. So fear not; if I react strongly to anyone, it will be after careful consideration and with what I feel is more than sufficient reason. I like it here, and don't want to screw up what seems like a great place to hang.  
So I wonder this, as life billows smoke inside my head; this little game where nothing is sure... why would you play by the rules? - Dave Matthews

Tank

Quote from: DaemonWulf on August 22, 2011, 09:59:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 22, 2011, 09:06:05 PM
Quote from: DaemonWulf on August 22, 2011, 08:53:21 PM
Yes, I certainly think I'm going to enjoy myself here.  ;D
The one thing you really need to understand and take to heart here is that theists are not second class citizens. If you troll the theists here you will get warned and if it continues you will get kicked. That's not a threat, just advise, as I really do think you're going to fit in here just fine.

Oh no, no worries...

I don't think any class of people is lower than the rest of us, unless hateful scumbags counts as a "class" of people, which I really don't believe. I don't troll anyone undeserving; by that I mean I have trolled, but only people that earn it. I recently trolled some people that may have identified as theists, but it wasn't what they were so much as the content of their posts. For instance, if you tell me "only sluts get raped", I'm gonna troll ya. But it has nothing to do with theism or atheism, more to do with common human decency. So fear not; if I react strongly to anyone, it will be after careful consideration and with what I feel is more than sufficient reason. I like it here, and don't want to screw up what seems like a great place to hang.  
Cool.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DaemonWulf

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 22, 2011, 09:55:04 PM
Quote from: DaemonWulf on August 22, 2011, 08:34:00 PM
being the new guy, i hope the irony came through. ;)

Yes it did!  And it was quite amusing :D

Well thank you, dear. I've even been called clever on my really good days.  ;)
So I wonder this, as life billows smoke inside my head; this little game where nothing is sure... why would you play by the rules? - Dave Matthews

DaemonWulf

Quote from: Tank on August 22, 2011, 10:02:07 PM
Cool.

Now you're just trying to get your count up. Post whore.

;D

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DaemonWulf

He doesn't want you to know there's a reward at 5,820. Justin Bieber poster and a Westboro Baptist chess set (there was never a queen, the king's too important to show up, the bishops have a higher calling than games, and the protection of the Lord is stronger than any knights or rooks, so it's just a bunch of pawns beating the shit out of each other. Kinda funny.)

Free-Being

I strongly dislike George Bush because of his actions.

We are living a repressive pessimistic society because of people like him. Our presidents haven't learned from our past generations and the more that we don't learn, the more trouble comes our way.

George Bush is a Christian Conservative Terrorist

Xjeepguy

Quote from: Free-Being on August 23, 2011, 11:47:08 AM
I strongly dislike George Bush because of his actions.

We are living a repressive pessimistic society because of people like him. Our presidents haven't learned from our past generations and the more that we don't learn, the more trouble comes our way.

George Bush is a Christian Conservative Terrorist

And a big +1 to that!
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

DaemonWulf

I strongly agree, Free-being. The laws that he passed - that went largely unnoticed by a media-addicted, issues-oblivious populace- stripped away some of the very rights America was founded on. His policy, a long-distance version of Hitler's  "lebensraum" has made more enemies than it could ever discourage or hope to eliminate, and in the eight years he was in office, our allies opinion of us, as a nation and as a people, has declined to new lows. I fear that the view other nations have of America due to George W. will prove to have as much to do with the decline of the American empire as the economic collapse... if not more.

Sweetdeath