News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Ponies invading the internet?

Started by Heretical Rants, May 15, 2011, 12:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretical Rants

QuoteTrust me, I am all for the darker side of the fandom!
(also the smutty side, but that's another story >_>)
Hmmmm.... that could refer to a lot of things, like Buttersc0tchSundae's ship fics (I'll openly admit to having read these), Slugbox's humanizations, or some of the stuff the peeps from the imageboards (like Megasweet) draw.(Suppose I should put in a warning in case anybody searches for any of this stuff: NSFW?)

I won't specifically search for it, but it certainly doesn't bother me unless it's guro Luna or tubmare or something :eep: like that.
CartoonLion's drawings creep me out a bit, sure, but I honestly don't mind. I don't have to look at 'em.

This stuff is to be expected, with as many older fans as obsessed as they are.

...yeah, I've seen it all...
I'm not sure we should post that stuff in this thread ;) Let's stick to Groovebot.

Sweetdeath

Ah, yeah, I like NSFW stuff. I am usually saving fanart from DA or tumblr; like humanponies or Cutie mark crusaders.

I like both pony and human stuff, as ling as it is really well drawn.

I don't like guro fics. I read most of cupcakes, but couldn't finish it. There's also "sweet apple masacre" and "rocket to lunacy."

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Heretical Rants

I just checked and I have almost 3,000 pony images on my computer now =0
That means I've saved an average of 50/day for the last two months. Wow, nice to put a statistic on my obsession.

I save based on quality, not content...

Hmm... there are some odd 150 drawfriends on Equestriadaily, figure ~20-30 images each...Huh, I've gone through as many pony images as Seth. Cool. Actually, I don't know that--I'm not sure what the quality gate on drawfriends is. Seth's featured everything I've drawn that I've sent him, but I've only sent the good stuff, and I've seen tons of great art that hasn't been featured...

I only know about "Rocket to Lunacy" because somepony mentioned it in the comments on a crappy Rainbow Dash pic I drew, and I think I saw a fanart for sweet apple massacre but I won't bother finding it or reading it. Not enough morbid curiosity.

Sweetdeath

I'm currently reading the fic you sent me earlier. It's quite engaging~ <3 (i had to stop to eat dinner.)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Heretical Rants

Yeah, I'm working on some fanart for that one right now, but it could be a while, since I'm also drawing other things, and also want to try and make it as awesome as the fic itself. I don't have as much time for drawing as I would like, either :'(

Another decent one related to the allicorns is "Past Sins." I've only read part of it, though, so I'm not sure I can really recommend it...

Confound these ponies!! I never used to read fanfiction for anything.

Sweetdeath

But,but it's so much fun!   I haven't been obsessed with an non Japanese series since Pirates of dark water and Harry potter. Seriously, it's definitely different with more English fanartists and writers.  I'm always used to waiting for scan translations for my other fandoms.

Heretical Rants

フ~ン。 日本語がわかりませんか?

This really is getting bad, though, bro. I've even started a drawblog.

DEATH PONY ANSWERS

This is going to eat up a ton of time, I just know it.

Sweetdeath

*___*  oooh, no worries. I will just be stalking your tumblr ask blog now. <3

Whitney

I'm not going to post it here because it's just a little bit too odd and borderlining on nsfw....but a friend of mine found a picture of a male model wearing a my little pony outfit (as in one that shows off the butt and chest like a male stripper...not a furry style of outfit) he posted it to his facebook so I don't know where the original is to link to it.

Sweetdeath

Haha!   That sounds hilarious, Whitney.