News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

The God Hypothesis

Started by Tank, August 17, 2011, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 31, 2011, 04:42:00 PM
^ i've noticed this!   All mythologies revolve around the sun as their main object of worship.

I love the sun god Ra from Egyptian mythology. <3

as they should, given that our lives do rather depend upon the light from that glorious orb!
And Ra was very cool, what's not to love about a god with a falcon's head?

Sweetdeath

Yup!  *rolls around in the Sun*  I need a tan.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 31, 2011, 09:47:22 PM
Yup!  *rolls around in the Sun*  I need a tan.
I have to board an aeroplane and go abroad for one of those!

Sweetdeath

No sun where you live?  I'll send Ra over.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 01, 2011, 12:34:52 AM
No sun where you live?  I'll send Ra over.
He arrived this morning, thanks for that SD  :D

Sweetdeath

No problem!   Enjoy.  :D

Gawen

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 31, 2011, 04:42:00 PM
^ i've noticed this!   All mythologies revolve around the sun as their main object of worship.

I love the sun god Ra from Egyptian mythology. <3
There is a hypothesis that the Jesus mythology was centered around an eclipse.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Sweetdeath

An eclipse?  Really?  Hm, I would like to hear more if you find anything else.

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Sweetdeath

Yay, thanks!  I read some of Enoch before, but not this part.

Stevil

I like the third one best. Light, light, light.
Very funny.

Gawen

Quote from: Stevil on September 07, 2011, 11:58:51 AM
I like the third one best. Light, light, light.
Very funny.
The guy has a point. I've been in contact with him (I can't believe the sources he's been reading. Frakin tomes...). What he says makes a lot of sense, but we will never really know if it was true.