News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Been here a bit, should have posted here earlier

Started by ZombiePhysics, August 03, 2011, 01:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZombiePhysics

Okay, not really one to show myself in a light where many people can see me, but I'd like to introduce myself as formally as I can. Probably should have done this first, but I needed to overcome my fear of posting a topic, rather than sticking to posting small messages in other topics.

I'm a mere 14-year old human male in the southwestern United States, which is the most I'll give, for fear someone may hunt and murder me. I've recently finished middle school, and a decade at a Christian private school, and am now going on to high school very shortly at the time of posting this here thread.

It's notable that I am an atheist, finally able to come out about it to my friends, as I've kept it from them. And I'd only hinted at it to my parents at first. Now they also know, and they are really kind about the whole fiasco.

Just a little (or not so little) public hello to the forums. I've never before seen such a well-kept, friendly forum before, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Be noted I'm a sardonic cynical person, keep that in mind if I come off as rude, and you can always message me if you'd like me to be more forum titled in my ways.
"I wait for a miracle every day, but what I've seen here has only tested my patience, not my faith." - Fox Mulder

Sweetdeath

Welcome!
Is that a little Mario ghost in your icon?   It's adorable!    :D

Sarcasm is always welcomed, but make sure to read the civility thread as well. Also, using smilies helps express your sarcasm. ^_^
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Medusa

Welcome. It's refreshingly nice to see a non snotty 14 year old replying with such manners and general niceities. I'm dealing with a 13 year old troll on another forum. And I had to inform him Satan was coming for his soul unless he buried a hoodoo jar in his back yard with a human digit attached.  Just for poop and giggles.

I have to ask about the Christian school. How were your grades and learning there? I ask because my best friend in high school had gone to a Lutheran school up to high school. She did great and had very good one on one teacher student interactions. Soon as she hit public school it just all went downhill and she ended up in remedial classes. It's a disservice that most religious schools excel academically better than public schools.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

I went to a Catholic high school, but it wasn't one to push its religion and ideological views on others. in fact, I've never seen a school that was more business oriented than that one. Good school though.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

ZombiePhysics

I was actually doing quite well at that school, Medusa, and I'm in an honors' literature class in high school, and will be in honors' history after the mandatory health class for freshman year.

My grades started slipping mainly due to a lot of emotional changes, I became rather apathetic towards the whole process there as a whole around seventh grade, mainly due to seeing a ton of change in the way the school worked. Their laptop program, and the tech people were a joke, and they restricted us to where we couldn't even use the computer's clock.

I was unlucky when it came to the secularity of it all. We had church every Wednesday and Christian learning class first period, rather standard. You really couldn't question very much, especially in science when we approached evolution.

But that's a bit touchy to continue in this forum, so thanks for the replies! You're all so nice about everything. <3
"I wait for a miracle every day, but what I've seen here has only tested my patience, not my faith." - Fox Mulder

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Evilbeagle

Hey Zombie, good to see new blood around these parts.
England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Black36