News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Name your Favourite Language

Started by Yagi-Atama, July 29, 2011, 04:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evilbeagle

Definitely Klingon, oh and your mother has a smooth forehead !!

England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Sweetdeath

I am insulted, good sir!  I will bear my teeth, and we shall fight.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Welsh sounds really nice... I also like German.

However, when it comes to artistic self-expression, English is the thing.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

I kow English isn't an old, rooted language like Latin or Gealic, but sometimes I feel like it is.  I feel happiest when I am speaking English. :)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

OldGit

^^ Depends what you want to express.  For an elegant sonnet about surrendering to your enemies or eating unspeakably vile cheese, try French.  ;D

Sweetdeath, English has been on this island for 1,600 years, give or take, before which its roots go back to southern Scandinavia where it came into being as a much-altered descendant of Primitive Indo-European at some unknown time: most likely in the Bronze Age.

Cecilie

Dutch may be the strangest language I've heard.
The world's what you create.

OldGit

Sweetdeath

Thanks for the background info, Oldgit!
<3 the new icon btw.

OldGit

Hit me on the head when I blather on too much!  I love this subject so much, but I do realise that not everybody is quite so obsessed with it.

Your new av is also cute.  Do you think it's more "you" than the photo?

Sweetdeath

Tee hee, I love when you babble~ <3  I like to bring up random facts irl all the time.

Yes~!  I saw it on one of my many my little pony tumblrs I am following and had to have it.   The new mlp show is crack, but holy craaap-- I am obsessed all over again.  I think this icon of pony Twilight sparkle goes with my username, thus fitting me better. <3

MiiriChan

Most definatly Vulcan, Klingon, and Japanese.  Though I speak none of these languages they are amazing and I want to learn.
bortaS blr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'

Evilbeagle

England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Sweetdeath

No one speaks Elvish? (Lord of the rings)

Quel du~

DaemonWulf

I love the sound of French being spoken, and German as well. I love the many Celtic accents, especially when spoken by women.  ;) Unfortunately the only one I speak is English, and it's the bastardized American version at that. Medusa, if you speak Cat you are truly a powerful woman to be feared. 
So I wonder this, as life billows smoke inside my head; this little game where nothing is sure... why would you play by the rules? - Dave Matthews

DaemonWulf

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 16, 2011, 04:00:11 PM
No one speaks Elvish? (Lord of the rings)
Quel du~

I actually tattooed the ring inscription around the ankles of my wife and step-daughter.  ;D
So I wonder this, as life billows smoke inside my head; this little game where nothing is sure... why would you play by the rules? - Dave Matthews