News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Infuriating Argument

Started by Bella, October 04, 2007, 09:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: "SabineMaia"Why not ask her in what era(s) she thought the world was not deteriorating? What time was better than the present to be alive? You'll be able to easily refute her choice with even a passing familiarity with history. There are enough plagues, wars, famine, etc for any time.

Everything I asked her, she ignored. Like with those quotes she posted, she just came back after days of ignoring the sexist stuff and focusing on how the bible is "obviously" true and i just didn't understand it. I'm sure she's gone... but I posted this just to be mean:

I would also like to add that your "fulfilled prophecies" generally... suck. Since I can't speak for all religions, I'll focus on JW since that is what I absolutely know... If you sit in at a JW meeting, you will hear them talk the usual talk, praise themselves on how wonderful they are, point out who is doing what wrong (dude, you DON'T want to fuck up when you're a JW. If the rest of the congregation finds out... they are all after you like a spider monkey and you better shed some real tears, :) Honestly, I remember hearing those violent Bible stories when I was little and thinking, "Geez... God sure has a short fuse... What is his PROBLEM?! Why can't he just let them go off and be bad? Isn't the whole reason we are suffering in this imperfect world because we are supposed to chose him of our own free will?" Lol, I was wise beyond my years. :D

a_jaynepayne

Arguing with a religious person is like arguing with a conspiracy theorist (is that a word?)  They've got a stupid answer for everything and it always comes back to the fact that you've gotta believe.  Doesn't she think that people have been saying the apocolypse is nigh forEVER!!  There's always been things happening that were "revealed" in Revelations and all that, now we just hear more of it cause there's a bazillion news channels, hell even one covering just the weather.  Like the person you quoted said point out the Holocaust or the Inquisition?  There was this thing on the history channel the other day about a meteor that exploded over siberia a hundred years ago and it turned the night to day for like a week in places as far away as England...what the hell did those people think was happening?  Anyway you said she's probably gone which always sucks cuz they just pop up and LOUDLY put in their two cents but never listen to anything else if it comes remotely close to contradicting them.
I LOVE GEORGE CARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "It's all b.s. and it's bad for ya!