News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Two new shows (American) Torchwood & Falling Skies

Started by Gawen, July 26, 2011, 03:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

Quote from: SweetdeathMan, I hate Glee...
Same here. Saw the first episode and never went back.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Gawen

Quote from: Tank
The one good one that springs to mind is Battlestar Galactica, absolute shite the first time around, absolutly brilliant in the remake.
That has been my fav TV in the last 20 years. Brilliant acting, writing, music, photography, CGI. All of it. And I've been lucky to have met Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Tank

Quote from: Gawen on August 06, 2011, 10:53:34 PM
The one good one that springs to mind is Battlestar Galactica, absolute shite the first time around, absolutly brilliant in the remake.
That has been my fav TV in the last 20 years. Brilliant acting, writing, music, photography, CGI. All of it. And I've been lucky to have met Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff.
I would love to see the BG team re-make Babylon 5. I loved that series but it was a little kitsch at times, can you imagine how dark and scary it could be in the remake!  :o
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

...and while I'm at it Torchwood has moved into the realm of 'must watch to see how bad it gets!'  :-[
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Gawen

Quote from: Tank on August 07, 2011, 07:58:20 AM
Quote from: Gawen on August 06, 2011, 10:53:34 PM
I would love to see the BG team re-make Babylon 5. I loved that series but it was a little kitsch at times, can you imagine how dark and scary it could be in the remake!  :o
You won't believe this, but I have never seen an episode of Babylon 5. I have been told that I was seriously remiss in it...*chucklin*. Honestly, all the bad sci-fi crap that has been given to us over the last 20 years (yeah, I think all the Stargate, Star Trek Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise is junk), I never really wanted to look into B5. But when BSG came out, I HAD to see what it was all about. I was hooked within the first hour of the miniseries.

I haven't seen good television in so long that BSG reigns supreme and Spartacus comes in second. I only hope they don't ruin it (Spartacus).

Tank

I think Babylon 5 was the best at the time it came out. It's a little long in the tooth now. You have to stick with it for a while and it's the first 6 episodes of the 4th series that are the very, very best. After that they are trying to milk the cash cow too hard. But you can't just watch the 4th series as 1, 2 and 3 are critical to scene setting.