Main Menu

How are you dealing with this heatwave?

Started by Sweetdeath, July 22, 2011, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Spent the week with my girlfriend in maryland.  Everyday was 90°. Dislike T_T
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Davin

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 19, 2011, 09:09:46 PM
Spent the week with my girlfriend in maryland.  Everyday was 90°. Dislike T_T
That's how cool it is in the morning here.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Whitney

I'm dealing poorly...it completely messed up my trying to get back into running.  I just don't have the same motivation to exercise inside as I do outside.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Whitney on August 19, 2011, 10:17:17 PM
I'm dealing poorly...it completely messed up my trying to get back into running.  I just don't have the same motivation to exercise inside as I do outside.

Whaaa, same here. T_T

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Gawen

Yesterday was pretty hot...106F/41C. Even cold showers aren't cold anymore. The ground is so hot and parched, temp of my cold water is now 82F/27.7C. And to think Whitney and I have another month to go.

Yeah, Whitney, I see only the die hard runners/walkers/bicyclist outside anymore and that's before 9am. Our indoor rec centers are packed.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Sweetdeath

^  You guys both live in Texas?  :o

Arrrgh, 106°? I'd die!!

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Lecter

It was pretty hot here in Cairo, as well. So we escaped from it by going to the north coast. The weather is great and we get to cool down in the sea! Good stuff.
Bowels in or bowels out?

Medusa

Quote from: Lecter on August 27, 2011, 08:24:49 PM
It was pretty hot here in Cairo, as well. So we escaped from it by going to the north coast. The weather is great and we get to cool down in the sea! Good stuff.
You are ALWAYS at Marina! Like I said when we marry, I better be seeing my bootay at that vacation home very very often! With burka suit of course.  :P

Apparently it's been hotter than Hades here. Up in the 90s. Which is the usual heat wave for SoCal in August. I wouldn't know. I've been off work a week with the tooth incident. In my room with my very own a/c running.  ;D

Oh it's currently 97 degrees.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

The Magic Pudding

21°C or 70°F today.
23/73° tomorrow, very pleasant spring weather. :)

Evilbeagle

Sooo glad I don't live in the States. Warm weather is nice but I can't take it too hot.

Burning heat is for camels and birgers !
England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Gawen

Was 108F/42.2C yesterday, last time I looked. Supposed to be 103F/39.4C today. If memory serves, today will be the 66th day of 100+ temps this year. And I think we need only 7 more days to break the all time record set in 1980.

BullyforBronto

In Florida, our heatwave lasts from March through mid-November. Upper 90s - Lower 100s with close to 100% humidity everyday. Yeah, paradise.  ;D

Sweetdeath

Finally the weather is in low 80's with no humidity. I am so happy to pull out my cardigans again.

Medusa

I briefly left my igloo 69 degree a/c room to go hunt food at Subway. And yesterday I had one of those cold showers where I just sit my head under the shower head and let it steam off. I also have spent a week and  a half in sundresses. And lots and lots of water! Thankfully we have one of those fridges with the cold water spout!
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...