News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What did Jesus really look like.

Started by hismikeness, July 19, 2011, 03:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on July 20, 2011, 09:56:24 AM
Well it's all BS anyway, but if I had to make up a story to justify it I would say that god wanted credibility as a human, feel the full range of experiences (although I don't recall being born). By being 'born' one is presented in a less imposing manner than just appearing. As I say it's all just a story, so I'm not sure it matters.

Of course it matters, I think you're in need of some re-birthing therapy.

QuoteGain freedom and mastery in your life through rebirthing breathwork - A powerful complementary healing method. Also known as conscious connected breathing.

And you are in luck, there is a British Rebirth Society to make sure every thing is legit.

If you're quick and pay today you get a free desktop pyramid.

Stevil

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 21, 2011, 10:01:09 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 20, 2011, 09:56:24 AM
Well it's all BS anyway, but if I had to make up a story to justify it I would say that god wanted credibility as a human, feel the full range of experiences (although I don't recall being born). By being 'born' one is presented in a less imposing manner than just appearing. As I say it's all just a story, so I'm not sure it matters.

Of course it matters, I think you're in need of some re-birthing therapy.
The problem with the god theories is that they are always within the conceptual realm, heaven, hell, god, soul, mind, objective morality, natural law. The only crossover to reality that they have is anecdotal stories in a really old book, written about people that are long gone (if they existed at all)

If you are looking for proof (one way or the other) you will never find it. Even when you feel there is cross over. e.g. If Mary was palastinian and so was Joseph but then Jesus was an African, Indian, Polynesian or Chinese looking dude, then you would think, well that's odd, where did those genes come from?
But religious people expect that god keeps things well hidden, so well hidden that there would be a plausable physical explaination. This gives them strength in their faith. The more it is tested, the more faith that is required, the more faith they have, the more likely they go to heaven.

YoungAtheist

If there really was a man named jesus and all this, he would be middle eastern, not white. All photos show him as white.
There was a time then religion ruled all of Europe, this was called the Dark Ages.

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Will on July 30, 2011, 05:43:23 AM
Photos?  ???
I think this person might mean those creepy funeral cards from the cathoic church.  :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.