News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Medusa's Question Du Jour

Started by Medusa, July 18, 2011, 08:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roy1967

I have had an Atrial Fibrillation problem for about 10 years or so.  I had been in the hospital six different times.  The fifth time, they couldn't slow it down, so I had a cardioversion (not really a surgery) where they put big magnetic pads on your back and chest, and shut you off, and turn you back on.

The sixth time, I had an Atrial Fibrillation Ablation done.  Inserted a heart cath in my leg, up to my heart, and an electrophysiocardiologist cauterized some electrical spots in my heart.  A 6 hour $50,000 operation.  Haven't been back in the Hospital since though.
The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Medusa

4012. When was the last time you did something and later asked yourself 'did I do the right thing?'?
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

xSilverPhinx

About 2 months ago, when I made a life altering decision. Can't really say what it was though.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

penfold

About a week back. An ex of a friend of mine (who I know he is trying to get back with), invited herself over to mine with a bottle of rum... which had predictable results.

Feel a bit shit about the whole thing. But she's sweet and I really like her.

I vacillate between thinking that either; I've stolen my friend's girl; or; I've let her chose for herself and it is wrong of me to think of her as 'belonging' to my friend.

I guess I'm not a particularly moral person...

Tank

Quote from: penfold on August 01, 2011, 10:36:49 AM
About a week back. An ex of a friend of mine (who I know he is trying to get back with), invited herself over to mine with a bottle of rum... which had predictable results.

Feel a bit shit about the whole thing. But she's sweet and I really like her.

I vacillate between thinking that either; I've stolen my friend's girl; or; I've let her chose for herself and it is wrong of me to think of her as 'belonging' to my friend.

I guess I'm not a particularly moral person...
No. An immoral person would have considered what they were going to do before the event and then carried out the act anyway. You're just a bloke who got offered no-stings sex on a plate and couldn't get past possibly the billion years of evolutionary success that preceded you.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Medusa

3am and the phone rings. Who is most likely to be calling you and for what?

fester30

Quote from: Medusa on August 02, 2011, 10:17:43 AM

Secretary Hillary Clinton, and because I need to push THE BUTTON! 

Tank

My eldest daughter because my granddson isn't well (or at least she's worried he's not well).
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Quote from: Tank on August 02, 2011, 01:15:20 PM
My eldest daughter because my granddson isn't well (or at least she's worried he's not well).

Exactly the same!  Son of #1 daughter.

Medusa

4528. Would you rather ride a dragon or a unicorn?

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on August 08, 2011, 11:34:30 AM
Dragon, no question. Have you ever read any of the Dragon Riders of Pern books by Anne McCaffery? They are excellent fantasy adventures.

Medusa

I have to have to have to pick the unicorn. I remember the first time I saw Legend and saw the white unicorn I fell in love with it. Then when I was in New York I had the amazing chance to view the Unicorn Tapestries
HERE. A most wonderful of museums!

Davin

A dragon as long as it's comfy: flying would be cool and all, but I think having spikey scales digging into my bum cheeks would ruin the experience. Unless you're talking about a komodo, then I'd rather ride a unicorn, those komodos have a nasty mouth (their mouths are also filled with all sorts of bacteria).
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Munchkin Goddess

Dragon, hands down. I have had an obsession with Dragons since I was a preteen. My next tattoo will be a dragon and I decorated my desk at work with dragons. (^_^)

penfold

Speaking as a dragon, you are all welcome to ride on my back any time.

...I'm hungry...