News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Which Conspiracy Theories do you Accept and Reject

Started by palebluedot, July 15, 2011, 01:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

Quote from: palebluedot on July 16, 2011, 08:49:42 AM

A big +1.  I have yet to see any actual evidence of anything but a lone gunman in the JFK assassination.   

In this case, I'd say the evidence has definitely come to light - it really is compelling.  The only reason that the conspiracy (that is the Warren Report which excuses the CIA / Government) continues is denial by government top brass because of national security.   

I think Bush senior knows exactly what happened - he was aware beforehand!
[/quote]

Which evidence?  How does a cover up improve national security almost 50 years later?  Here is a really great page about it that does a pretty good job debunking the conspiracy theories and presenting actual evidence in favor of the lone gunman.  http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm.

Conspiracy theories such as this, the moon hoax, the 9/11 government involvement, area 51 ET's, etc., are full of misinformation and logical fallacies.

Like Whitney said, cover ups don't last long.  We found out about Watergate pretty quickly.  We also found out about the fact that the government had some information about the 9/11 and the Pearl Harbor attack before these things happened, but weren't able, for whatever reason, to put all that together and stop those things from happening. 

palebluedot

Quote from: OldGit on July 16, 2011, 08:56:22 AM
Quote from: palebluedot on July 15, 2011, 09:09:49 PM
Quote from: OldGit on July 15, 2011, 05:01:14 PM
I don't know about the JFK shooting, but the shooting of Oswald by Jack Ruby was as fake as they come.

You're being facetious, right?

I phrased that badly.   I don't doubt that Ruby killed Oswald, but I do doubt that he just strolled up and did it off his own bat.

Of course.  There's even the clip of him after he was arrested.  When asked who was behind JFK's murder he replied "the man at the top", taken to mean Lyndon Johnson, confirmed when he further said "Read a book called Texas Looks at Lyndon" [Actually A Texan Looks at Lyndon].  I got a copy of that book - it paints Johnson as 100% murderous crook.

CHI83

I'm unsure about the moon landings.
9/11 was real, no hoax.
I think the Queen ordered the driver of Diana's car to intentionally crash. I don't think the monarchy would want a half-muslim prince. Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't Diana pregnant and was dating this muslim dude.

Tank

Quote from: CHI83 on July 18, 2011, 07:46:42 PM
I'm unsure about the moon landings.
9/11 was real, no hoax.
I think the Queen ordered the driver of Diana's car to intentionally crash. I don't think the monarchy would want a half-muslim prince. Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't Diana pregnant and was dating this muslim dude.
Diana was not pregnant and while her boyfriend was a Muslim any offspring would have had no royal connections and no royal title or status. Diana lost those when she divorced Charles. Her two boys have royal lineage because of their father not their mother.

I was born in 1959 and grew up through the space race and the moon landings. They happened. The conspiracy theorist makes a fortune and does so exploiting the gullibility, ignorance and paranoia of the masses with a good story, they are rarely in a position to know the truth. The whistle-blower is usually intimately associated with the issue they are revealing and very rarely make any money exposing the story they are involved with.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

CHI83

thanks for the clarification Tank. Man your so lucky that you got to watch the whole space race and moon landings. Maybe this century humans will go to mars.

Tank

Quote from: CHI83 on July 19, 2011, 05:19:22 PM
thanks for the clarification Tank. Man your so lucky that you got to watch the whole space race and moon landings. Maybe this century humans will go to mars.
You're welcome  :)

I think there is a high probability that we will get to Mars in your lifetime.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

fester30

Quote from: Tank on July 19, 2011, 08:05:18 PM
Quote from: CHI83 on July 19, 2011, 05:19:22 PM
You're welcome  :)

I think there is a high probability that we will get to Mars in your lifetime.

And then we'll have another Transformers movie!

Asmodean

Quote from: CHI83 on July 18, 2011, 07:46:42 PMI think the Queen ordered the driver of Diana's car to intentionally crash. I don't think the monarchy would want a half-muslim prince. Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't Diana pregnant and was dating this muslim dude.
I think Her Majesty is secretly a vampire. How else can you explain her being like... Five hundred years old and still going strong... Ish..?  :-X
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

Quote from: Asmodean on July 20, 2011, 06:38:26 PM

I think Her Majesty is secretly a vampire. How else can you explain her being like... Five hundred years old and still going strong... Ish..?  :-X

actually, she has a bit of werewolf in her blood.
Dr. who never lies
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Ragnar

Quote from: CHI83 on July 18, 2011, 07:46:42 PMI think the Queen ordered the driver of Diana's car to intentionally crash. I don't think the monarchy would want a half-muslim prince. Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't Diana pregnant and was dating this muslim dude.

The Monarchy wouldn't have had a half muslim prince, any child that Diana and Dodi may have had would not be in the Royal Family, hence would not be involved in the line of succession.

Yes, any child that Diana may have had after divorcing Charles, would have been half siblings to Prince William, but since they would have been related through their mother, then in terms of Primogeniture, it would mean nothing.

As to whether Diana was even pregnant...well there was a rumour that she was, then there was a rumour that she was, but it wasn't Dodi's, and since then, it has emerged that she wasn't even preggers in the first place.

So the Royal Family had no motive to bump off Diana, and even if they did, then they would be more likely to get a crack pot to kill her Jill Dando style, than ask her driver to do a kamikaze crash which would be as likely to kill himself as Diana.

After all, some nutter who killed a famous person and then claims he was ordered to by The Queen, might aswell claim that Elvis made him do it, because no one would take them seriously anyway.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett.

fester30

Perhaps being American makes me ignorant into the subject, but what is so important about royal blood that it would even matter if there were Muslims in the family?  What is it about Elizabeth that make people think she hates Muslims or is scared of their blood in the family tree?  If purity of royal blood was so important that they would kill to maintain it, wouldn't there be more inbreeding?  I figure if royal blood was so important to maintain Diana would have been killed BEFORE she married Charles.  OH NO A SCHOOLTEACHER!!!????  Kill her now!  No way a future king of England will be the offspring of a schoolteacher!

Tank

I'm not sure the queen would have an issue with a Muslin as such. However the Queen or King is the head of the Church of England, so if William decided to convert to Islam that could well raise constitutional issues if he still wanted to take his position as King.

Ragnar

I doubt the Queen has any problem with Muslims, and as she is the head of the Royal Family, rather than The Sopranos, she isn't likely to be ordering hits on anyone anyway.  Much less the mother of her grandsons.

But that kind of response to the conspiracy theory that she had Diana bumped off, isn't likely to carry much weight among those likely to believe it, because it is a matter of opinion rather than fact.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ragnar on July 27, 2011, 02:31:33 AM
I doubt the Queen has any problem with Muslims, and as she is the head of the Royal Family, rather than The Sopranos, she isn't likely to be ordering hits on anyone anyway. 

Ye, everyone knows Philip takes care of that stuff.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: MariaEvri on July 21, 2011, 12:18:37 PM

actually, she has a bit of werewolf in her blood.
Dr. who never lies

Fact.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.