News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Newbie Here.

Started by Ragnar, July 18, 2011, 02:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar

Hello all,

My real name is Scott.

I'm from the Black Country, which is a part of the West Midlands, England.  It is a bit like Bladerunner, without the special effects.

I am an atheist, have never been religious, my parents weren't religiousm, but some of my teachers at my primary (junior) school, would have been quite at home living under the rule of Cromwell.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett.

Tank

Hi Ragner

Good description of the Black Country  ;D

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Hello Ragnar, it's probably time I rewatched Bladerunner.

Asmodean

Hi!

Blade Runner, yes..? It is good, no..? Worth watching..?

I'm being slightly bored on vacation here, so need entertainment. The kind where the insides of a human are at some point seen on the outside... And I'm running out of House M.D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on July 18, 2011, 04:06:03 PM

Blade Runner, yes..? It is good, no..? Worth watching..?

I'd say so, it is fairly old.
Rotten Tomatoes give it a 4.5 star - 93% rating, they don't tend to be generous in their ratings.

Tank

Blade runner is a classic SiFi movie with an interesting moral thread running through it. Well worth watching the directors cut.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Willow

Welcome Ragnar.
There are quite a few Brits here.  I'm in Manchester.

Evilbeagle

Absolutely roflmao at the thought of the West Mids being home to Bladerunner.

Although having seen Telford Town Centre on a weekend in the rain, perhaps I shouldn't be laughing.

"More inhuman than human, That's our motto"

Envisaging Jasper Carrott as Deckard !

England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Black36

OldGit

Greetings, Black36.  Tell us about yourself.

Black36

I'm a "Christian". Since this is such a broad term, I will narrow in on my worldview:

A YEC, global flood, ammillenial Calvinist, who is a "blank" voting American, not concerned with patriotism, nor fundamentalist in terms of a political viewpoint. Raised in an agnostic home, by agnostic parents, went to secular school, secular university, live in a secular society (one of the more liberal states). Been a "Christian" since March of 2001, teach Sunday school to teens, involved in a homeless lunch program through my church. I am 43, married 20 years, wife has been a Christian 1 year longer, have 3 kids, 2 boys, 1 girl, ages 12, 10, and 7 (girl). The oldest (boy) is in public school, the two younger one's are homeschooled. Been part of my local, non-denominational, penticostal church since the day I was "saved". (Yes, I am not an "Arminian" pentecostal even though my church is.)