News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Keep religion out of schools

Started by Sweetdeath, July 27, 2011, 12:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Quote from: Black36 on August 20, 2011, 03:47:48 PM
Since atheism led to the slaughter of MILLIONS in the 20th century, maybe atheism should stay out of the schools as well, no?

What about lacking a belief in god caused the slaughter of millions?

But unlike some of you religious folks; I haven't heard any atheists suggesting that we utilize classrooms to indoctrinate children into nonbeleif so your point is moot and unnecessarily abrasive.

Sweetdeath

Since atheism led to the slaughter of MILLIONS in the 20th century, maybe atheism should stay out of the schools as well, no?

LOL! Where are you getting your misinformation from?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ihateyoumike

This is the point where I stop even attempting to take anything you say seriously.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Whitney on August 20, 2011, 04:07:01 PM
I haven't heard any atheists suggesting that we utilize classrooms to indoctrinate children into nonbeleif so your point is moot and unnecessarily abrasive.

I tried it but the scripture teacher made me go stand in the hall.

OldGit

Quote from: Black36Since atheism led to the slaughter of MILLIONS in the 20th century, maybe atheism should stay out of the schools as well, no?
This is self-delusion of a particularly high order.  I hereby coin a new term to describe such detachment from reality: godthink.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: OldGit on August 20, 2011, 06:31:09 PM
This is self-delusion of a particularly high order.  I hereby coin a new term to describe such detachment from reality: godthink.

3think?

Sweetdeath

Godthink?

I think I like this term.  *strokes imaginary beard*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.