News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The cycle

Started by bicycle, June 25, 2011, 01:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 28, 2011, 11:32:41 PM
I think i'm going to stop myself from posting in this particular thread. I don't want to be banned from this forum, because I love it too much.
Bicycle has said and sugsted hurtful things towards homosexuality. Even invaded my introduction thread, suggesting that i'm a lesbian by choice because of my rape at 14.

I'll be around elsewhere. Love ya, tank, magic pudding, fester, and think anarchy :D

-sweetdeath

Yay, somebody loves the heavy armored weaponized vehicle, the delicious dessert, and, of course, the bald guy!  Love ya too!

bicycle

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 29, 2011, 12:11:08 AM
No sweat, Whitney, you are a very approachable mod/admin.

I'm almost 26 years old, so I feel mature enough to walk away frim topics that bother me. I don't have any beef with the people in this forum though. I've actually felt happier since i've joined.  ^__^ 

YO, I don't see how I have been hurtful toward homosexuality, all I said was it's not genetic, I'm sorry if I have offended you...But I can't control what offends you...I don't say you chose to be who you are, I know people can't control things like that, I certainly can't choose to be gay. I have no problem with you at all, I don't see who would. If you have a problem with me I would understand, but I would rather not have it that way.

bicycle

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 28, 2011, 07:36:30 PM
Quote from: bicycle on June 28, 2011, 06:52:23 PM
As far as homosexuals, no one is born gay, you can argue with me all you want, but gay scientific researchers have been known to have found ZERO proof that people are born gay. No such thing as gay genetics or centers in the brain that conduce homosexual behavior. Would it be right to persecute homosexuals? Hell no, but they are wishfully thinking if they think they were made that way. If you disagree, prove me wrong, would be glad to listen, unless your just trying to be a smart a$$.

I've kind of been with you up to this point.  I am a Christian.

I think you're correct that no person was/is created homosexual.  However neither was/is any person created sinful, yet from conception we are sinful. (Lots of theology in that)  Homosexuality is part of sin and while there may not be an actual homosexual gene, people are born with whatever it is that bends them to what society sees as abnormal.  I don't condone homosexual ACTS, but I do support the homosexual's personal struggle and promote that BEING a homosexual is no more sinful than simply BEING born.  The sin is in the acts and not solely on what gender they are attracted to.  They are loved and can be covered by Christ's atonement just as any heterosexual can be.  Much more has been discussed here at HAF on the matter.  If you're interested, look it up.
I don't care what you support, I can't believe I am seen as someone who wouldn't support gay people because I said it was not genetic. I always support people who are true to themselves and others, that is what I believe gay people do. I don't think your sexuality is an option. I certainly don't expect gay people to be hurt because I said their not born that way. Who we become is just a matter of our perspective. Everyone is different.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: bicycle on June 29, 2011, 06:15:10 AM
I don't care what you support, I can't believe I am seen as someone who wouldn't support gay people because I said it was not genetic.

If you can't believe that invent something else to believe, you seem good at that, even if not at explaining it.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 28, 2011, 11:32:41 PM
I think i'm going to stop myself from posting in this particular thread. I don't want to be banned from this forum, because I love it too much.
Bicycle has said and sugsted hurtful things towards homosexuality. Even invaded my introduction thread, suggesting that i'm a lesbian by choice because of my rape at 14.

I'll be around elsewhere. Love ya, tank, magic pudding, fester, and think anarchy :D

-sweetdeath

Awwwww thanks. Glad you like it here.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 28, 2011, 07:36:30 PM
Quote from: bicycle on June 28, 2011, 06:52:23 PM
As far as homosexuals, no one is born gay, you can argue with me all you want, but gay scientific researchers have been known to have found ZERO proof that people are born gay. No such thing as gay genetics or centers in the brain that conduce homosexual behavior. Would it be right to persecute homosexuals? Hell no, but they are wishfully thinking if they think they were made that way. If you disagree, prove me wrong, would be glad to listen, unless your just trying to be a smart a$$.

I've kind of been with you up to this point.  I am a Christian.

I think you're correct that no person was/is created homosexual.  However neither was/is any person created sinful, yet from conception we are sinful. (Lots of theology in that)  Homosexuality is part of sin and while there may not be an actual homosexual gene, people are born with whatever it is that bends them to what society sees as abnormal.  I don't condone homosexual ACTS, but I do support the homosexual's personal struggle and promote that BEING a homosexual is no more sinful than simply BEING born.  The sin is in the acts and not solely on what gender they are attracted to.  They are loved and can be covered by Christ's atonement just as any heterosexual can be.  Much more has been discussed here at HAF on the matter.  If you're interested, look it up.
I don't care what you support, I can't believe I am seen as someone who wouldn't support gay people because I said it was not genetic. I always support people who are true to themselves and others, that is what I believe gay people do. I don't think your sexuality is an option. I certainly don't expect gay people to be hurt because I said their not born that way. Who we become is just a matter of our perspective. Everyone is different.
Well it would appear you are simply very thoughtless and behave in an inconsiderate way. If you wish to interact with people you don't know the first thing you do is discover, then clarify your understanding of what have discovered. From there you explain your position, where you feel it differs from the other person and then explain why it differs. You don't 'waltz into the bar' with a chip on your shoulder and spout of your views as though you are something special. You wouldn't do it in real life so why do it on a forum?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

AnimatedDirt

I don't care what you support,

You make it easy to apparently misrepresent your words because first, you attack...
I can't believe I am seen as someone who wouldn't support gay people because I said it was not genetic. I always support people who are true to themselves and others, that is what I believe gay people do. I don't think your sexuality is an option. I certainly don't expect gay people to be hurt because I said their not born that way. Who we become is just a matter of our perspective. Everyone is different.

...and then you're "nice".  Even in these words you mean to soothe, it's still painfully difficult to feel your compassion.

Whitney

bicycle...defend yourself by not further acting in an inconsiderate manner while discussing other topics; I'm shutting down this thread to put an end to what is only going to evolve into a bigger mess.