News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Looks like a good thing, Icarus. But I'm allergic to olives and olive oil.  :(  Might as well add in that I'm allergic to all citrus fruits, as well.

Icarus

DL your Meditteranean ancestors might have put a curse on you.  Olives and their by products are often said to be one of the sources of long life. It is believed that Jesus was big on olives and wine? ..............but wait... he died before his time didn't he?  Those damned Romans were not very nice.

It is entirely suitable to fry potato cakes in lard or other shortening like the southern crackers are apt do.

Southern cooking, like the tater things, are not particularly healthy I agree. Chitlins, fried chicken, and such are laden with fat which is not good for ones gizzard.

Dark Lightning

Most of my ancestors are from north/western Europe. I have no problem with things like krill oil, for instance, which performs a function similar to olive oil.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

95 years ago, famed magician Harry Houdini died at Grace Hospital here in Detroit, on Halloween. He died in room 401 of peritonitis on October 31, 1926. He had fallen ill during a performance at Detroit's Garrick Theatre. The original  hospital building in the picture was deemed outdated and obsolete, so it was demolished in 1979, and is currently a parking lot for the Detroit Medical Center.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

A Southern White Faced Owl at Thorpe Perrow arboretum.

It would sit beside the audience while the handler talked about her. She's an old bird, 88 years in human turns, but likes her exhibition shows every other day.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on November 04, 2021, 12:01:42 PM
A Southern White Faced Owl at Thorpe Perrow arboretum.

It would sit beside the audience while the handler talked about her. She's an old bird, 88 years in human turns, but likes her exhibition shows every other day.

That poor thing looks 100 years old.  :-\
Also, I had no idea!...Look what's underneath all those feathers!!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Whaaaat!? Freakish! Though I shouldn't be surprised. It can't bob along on just it's claws.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

A shrike in Nebraska with a quarter of a mouse.  :sidesmile:

Yeah, this season stimulates the sardonic in me. Come on, Solstice!  :lol:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames