News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 22, 2018, 02:05:29 PM
Quote from: Dave on February 22, 2018, 02:02:32 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on February 22, 2018, 02:01:12 PM
Quote from: Dave on February 22, 2018, 01:54:52 PM

Hmm, I am doing summat wrong, copied the link, added .jpg (as I do with imgur) and then .png, gave it [img] tags and nowt appeared - this is using an Android tablet

That's weird It worked for me first time I tried it. Did you use a Google account?

Yup!

I'm using Windows 7, but I can't believe it can make a difference.

App downloaded OK and all stages looked similar to other hosters - got the link, added the suffix and the tags then nix.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Tried adding the suffix before copying the link - still nix, nada, null, nowt, nuffink . . .

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on February 22, 2018, 03:39:25 PM

Tried adding the suffix before copying the link - still nix, nada, null, nowt, nuffink . . .

Perhaps I'm not understanding what's going on. If you click on this link

https://lensdump.com/

does it open the Lensdump page? When I did it the first time, there was as green Create Account button.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 22, 2018, 03:47:40 PM

does it open the Lensdump page? When I did it the first time, there was as green Create Account button.

Yup, dun all that. I can see my name top rightish so the account is there.

Got a slightly different page with the link on it, added .jpg, copied, pasted, tagged - can you see it? I can't!

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on February 22, 2018, 04:03:42 PM

Got a slightly different page with the link on it, added .jpg, copied, pasted, tagged - can you see it? I can't!

I also see the page with my name top right. On that page is a big green Start Uploading button just below the centre of the page. When I click on that, it immediately takes me to the drives on my PC, where I can select the folder with the picture I want to upload, and then select the pic. One has to create an album first before adding pictures.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

OK, tried your link in my message, works.

You have "https://l.etc" my links missed out the "l."

Ah. it's not an "l" but an "i" ! ! ! !

(and that's with new glasses!)

(edited, mucked things up a bit)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on February 22, 2018, 04:35:32 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on February 22, 2018, 04:20:15 PM
Quote from: Dave on February 22, 2018, 04:03:42 PM

I also see the page with my name top right. On that page is a big green Start Uploading button just below the centre of the page. When I click on that, it immediately takes me to the drives on my PC, where I can select the folder with the picture I want to upload, and then select the pic. One has to create an album first before adding pictures.

OK, all that the same except I chose a category but had not created any albums. Album now created. Image uploaded into album. Shared. Suffix added. Link copied. Link pasted and tagged . . .

Nuffink.

Tried to upload a duplicate but that created an error message, so the images are up there!

OK, I have no more suggestions. My code looks exactly like yours (img]https://i.lensdump.com/i/hPv22.jpg[/img), but of course with square brackets both ends. I never had to add a a suffix or extension to mine; I just copied the embed code, and it looked like yours, so perhaps something is wrong with your picture. Perhaps you should just keep using Imgur!
― Charles Eames

Dave

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on February 22, 2018, 05:33:51 PM
See below!

Wonder why the "i." does not get into my links...

It's a mystery why you are missing the "i", but at least you know the workaround now.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 22, 2018, 01:20:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2018, 12:33:29 PM
It apparently worked.

Yes, and the site is easy to use. I just had to log on with my Google account and could immediately start uploading that photo I took in Split.
I visited Split in 1974 when I was 14.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2018, 08:07:56 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on February 22, 2018, 01:20:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2018, 12:33:29 PM
It apparently worked.

Yes, and the site is easy to use. I just had to log on with my Google account and could immediately start uploading that photo I took in Split.
I visited Split in 1974 when I was 14.

It is a very interesting city, but I did not have much time to explore it before I had to split. I came across that bronze model of the city while strolling on the beautiful esplanade.
― Charles Eames

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Beautiful, I esp love the one with the little bird standing by the creek, or rill (not sure what that small an amount of water is called).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 01, 2018, 09:32:05 PM
Beautiful, I esp love the one with the little bird standing by the creek, or rill (not sure what that small an amount of water is called).
We'd call it a stream. And the bird is a Robin.

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)