Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Looks a bit like unripe blacberry or ripe rasperry, but more translucent.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on August 18, 2017, 07:49:30 AM

Nope. Not those. I recognise, pick and eat them.  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on August 18, 2017, 12:49:22 PM

Realised afterwards you were possibly asking for a specific plant name or other source, I was just offering blackberries as something that looks similar, that it is some kind of fruit.

Do you actually know? There must be hundreds of species with a similar fruiting pattern on the Earth.

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on August 18, 2017, 01:11:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 18, 2017, 12:49:22 PM

Realised afterwards you were possibly asking for a specific plant name or other source, I was just offering blackberries as something that looks similar, that it is some kind of fruit.

Do you actually know? There must be hundreds of species with a similar fruiting pattern on the Earth.
I have no idea what it is or they are. The red objects are on the outside of the seed pod that has visible black seed in it so I suspect they could be insect eggs. Or they could be an additional structure created by the plant to attract something to eat the actual seed for dispersal. The trouble with that theory is that only about 5% of the seed pods have these additional red 'seeds/eggs' on them.

Tank

Biggus Dickus

Very nice pictures Tank, you are a good photographer. Your pictures of wild life are always really well done...also like that first picture of your private jet, must be nice:)

Although I've only seen a few pictures of you here and there on the forum, and I think we briefly interacted once online during a webchat I have to say your son looks quite a bit like his father.

Hope you enjoyed the trip, and I agree with JJ the patina on that car is nice. I awakes like it when they restore cars like that which are in similar condition and don't repaint, but simply leave the original paint as it is, gives the car a lot of it's character.

Thanks for posting 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Well, even searching on "American berries" in Googles images still came up with unrioe bkackberties looking clisest, nothing else really similar. Though if those were unripe and they changed to mauve later . . . No, not even then, the clusters are on the branch not on what looks like the bract (again, similar in form to the blacberry or raspberry).

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on August 18, 2017, 02:23:26 PM
Well, even searching on "American berries" in Googles images still came up with unrioe bkackberties looking clisest, nothing else really similar. Though if those were unripe and they changed to mauve later . . . No, not even then, the clusters are on the branch not on what looks like the bract (again, similar in form to the blacberry or raspberry).
A bit of a conundrum!

Dave

If the Google search gave only edibles . . . .

Er, did you try nibbling them?

Tank

xSilverPhinx

If you google 'pink snail eggs' some of the images look very similar.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

I was outside earlier and I found a Cicada fresh out of it's exoskeleton.

Here's the exoskeleton.
\

Here's the bug itself. Cicada's sure can make a lot of noise at night, usually the bug's themselves are seen and not seen.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank