News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 02, 2016, 03:51:42 AM

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2016, 02:57:28 AM
Thank you Bruno. Claire will be having king nightmares for weeks because of this....

My pleasure, enjoy your garden Claire, that's where I found my snake.

Thanks to my evil lovely child who keeps bringing books home about snakes my fear and hatred is diminishing......

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

The 2016 World  Submarine Racing Championships.

Held this year in Newfoundland, Canada.

Was able to take some really good pictures of the event, so please enjoy.

...And the winner is!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

OldGit

Superb coverage of that traditional race.  Most exciting - thank you, Bruno!

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 18, 2016, 04:39:49 PM
The 2016 World  Submarine Racing Championships.

...And the winner is!

Wait a minute! This is like that story, "The Emperor's New Clothes"  >:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Bad Penny II

I won't be attending any submarine races, I refuse to take part in a race to the bottom.

Bad Penny II

Buddy

Charlie is looking quite dapper with his white wheels. Spent the afternoon painting them myself.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Thanks. I'm surprised that I like it so much considering I usually only like metal rims.

Recusant

Grenoble, France, looking south from the slopes of la Bastille.

Clambering around failing to find a geocache near the top of la Bastille in Grenoble, I came across this ancient car frame with trees growing through it.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Happy memories of time spent in Grenoble with a girlfriend who worked for the Chartreuse company.

Nice ride up to the Bastille on the cable car. We had dinner with the Director of the local nuclear power station and I ate horse for the first and only time and drank champers from English pewter 1/2 pint pots (only way to do it, ice cold from the fridge on a stinking hot summer evening). Happy days.

(Made a change ftom eating live snails, sheep eyes and pigs' bollocks with a millionaire in Cyprus I suppose!)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Quote from: Gloucester on June 27, 2016, 08:23:29 PM
Happy memories of time spent in Grenoble with a girlfriend who worked for the Chartreuse company.

Nice ride up to the Bastille on the cable car. We had dinner with the Director of the local nuclear power station and I ate horse for the first and only time and drank champers from English pewter 1/2 pint pots (only way to do it, ice cold from the fridge on a stinking hot summer evening). Happy days.

(Made a change ftom eating live snails, sheep eyes and pigs' bollocks with a millionaire in Cyprus I suppose!)

We didn't do the cable cars, but drove up the rather dilapidated, steep road with extreme hairpin curves to get to the top. Not recommended for those who have any trouble with manual transmissions.  :sidesmile:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken