News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 24, 2016, 05:04:59 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 24, 2016, 04:39:21 AM
Bruno, did you take this shark picture?

No I didn't, sorry I meant to paste this when replied to Books.

Photo credit goes to reddit user Matt_Dave.

Photograph is about 2 years old.
OK, but you could also take a picture as good as that one if you wanted to, right?  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 24, 2016, 05:04:59 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 24, 2016, 04:39:21 AM
Bruno, did you take this shark picture?

No I didn't, sorry I meant to paste this when replied to Books.

Photo credit goes to reddit user Matt_Dave.

Photograph is about 2 years old.

Thanks, I'll be sure to let my friend know -- she's going to lose her mind over this!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

The eroded textures on the stucco are interesting, and the rusted decorative nut and anchor plate have some great color. Excellent!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on April 24, 2016, 05:03:39 PM
The eroded textures on the stucco are interesting, and the rusted decorative nut and anchor plate have some great color. Excellent!

Thank you very much. I shot the original at 24 megapixels in FX format, so there is lots of detail there. I love corroded metal textures and colours. I have shot a series of photos of rusted farm machinery that I will post in due course. They are not "pretty" in the conventional sense, but I think they show that one can find beauty in unexpected places.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Firebird

I took this near my house while walking home from work the other day. I like the contrast between the two sides of the picture as the rain clouds come in
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

hermes2015

Quote from: Firebird on April 24, 2016, 08:13:52 PM

I took this near my house while walking home from work the other day. I like the contrast between the two sides of the picture as the rain clouds come in

That is so nice. I never seem able to do good landscapes; I end up taking pics of the micro landscape. Is that a stitched panorama?
― Charles Eames

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Essie Mae

That is so beautiful. You must feel quite calm and rested by the time you get home.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Firebird

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 25, 2016, 04:40:44 PM

That is so nice. I never seem able to do good landscapes; I end up taking pics of the micro landscape. Is that a stitched panorama?

Not stitched, but it is a panorama. Taken from my Galaxy S7. It is definitely more scenic here than our last place, which is likely one reason I've started running more now too.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

Weather this spring has been somewhat brutal on the spring flowers and blossoms here in Michigan. We had a brief warm spell earlier in the month, and the bulbs started to open up, but then the temperature dropped to freezing so many of the early blooms didn't survive.

My wonderful Silver Magnolia tree didn't blossom at all this year which is the first time in almost 20 years, and none of our tulips survived either except for one, this little red one.

FYI. Holland, MI is home to the annual Tulip Festival, which is the third largest town festival in America. The city was founded by Dutch Americans, and during the festival as many as 6 million tulips are on display. (Worth the visit, quite beautiful)

While working outside yesterday I came across one of our deadly snakes, the rapturous and deadly Michigan Vaper-Viper Snake. Look how large and menacing it is:

Here's a picture of me holding it to put it's massive size in perspective (I'm well trained in the handling of poisonous snakes, and don't recommend any of you try to handle one yourself)

Okay, so it's actually just a small and harmless Eastern Garter Snake or Thamnophis sirtalis, but it's still a snake, and if you walk up to someone with it unsuspecting like and hold it out to them they'll scream quite loudly, and run away.

This is of course followed by cursing in both Spanish and English, and the admonition that you are in fact an asshole ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

:rofl:
Nice misdirection. My condolences to your wife on the loss of her husband  :grin:

jumbojak

Thank you Bruno. Claire will be having king nightmares for weeks because of this....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Firebird on May 02, 2016, 12:49:59 AM
:rofl:
Nice misdirection. My condolences to your wife on the loss of her husband  :grin:

Thank you, he was a pretty swell fella, well liked in the community, hellavu racquetball player, but a bit of a smartass.

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2016, 02:57:28 AM
Thank you Bruno. Claire will be having king nightmares for weeks because of this....

My pleasure, enjoy your garden Claire, that's where I found my snake.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."