Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: OldGit on August 08, 2012, 10:34:29 AM
Interesting photos, BCE!  I wouldn't know exactly what the bird is, but it's pretty in a mean sort of way.

Heh -- yeah, reminds me of that old Gary Larson cartoon: birds of prey know they're cool
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

They are both beautiful shots, I like #2 best, though.  Don't knock the i-phone, the results are fine.

Some folks have been kind enough to say I'm lucky living in Britain where there's all that architecture to photograph, but I wish I could get a crack at some of your American scenery.

OldGit

Those are splendid photos  - worth falling off a medium cliff for, I'd say. ;D

Steeler

Pic of my boy hanging at one of our favorite play spots.

jumbojak

You're from PA, right Steeler? Did they ever catch that bunch that was stealing bridges a few years ago? Or was that Idaho? ??? I can't remember, but it seems very odd that Pennsylvania and Idaho would be confused in my head.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Steeler

I'm actually from Indiana. Being a Steeler fan I can see why you thought I was from PA though! :D
Stealing bridges? Seriously? How the hell would one steal a bridge?

Guardian85

Quote from: Steeler on December 15, 2014, 03:20:02 AM
I'm actually from Indiana. Being a Steeler fan I can see why you thought I was from PA though! :D
Piece by piece. The scrap value of quality steel is quite high. it's one of the reason I have spent quite a few nights patrolling construction sites.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on December 10, 2014, 04:56:06 PM
That middle one is staring at The Asmo. :( Why is that middle one staring at The Asmo? :( Did Tank put it up to it?  :( He DID, didn't he?! >:( *Muttering about watching, unfairness... The usual*

;D  ;D  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 15, 2014, 05:45:32 AM
Quote from: Steeler on December 15, 2014, 03:20:02 AM
Piece by piece. The scrap value of quality steel is quite high. it's one of the reason I have spent quite a few nights patrolling construction sites.

Yup. Especially with older stuff that might not be watched too carefully. There were a few guys who painted their truck like the power company's some years ago so they could start stealing old telegraph wire without disturbance along the 460 section of the Norfolk Southern Railroad. They managed to get a few miles worth before anyone noticed!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Steeler

Essie Mae

Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2014, 05:56:43 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 10, 2014, 04:56:06 PM
That middle one is staring at The Asmo. :( Why is that middle one staring at The Asmo? :( Did Tank put it up to it?  :( He DID, didn't he?! >:( *Muttering about watching, unfairness... The usual*

;D  ;D  ;D

Don't be ridiculous Asmo, he's quite obviously more scared of you than you are of him.
(Fantastic cakes by the way)
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

Well, it SHOULD be scared!  >:( Watching The Asmo like that..!  >:( The Asmo ought to SMITE it and squish it and feed it to ratties!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Steeler

I guess I should include a pic of my baby girl. Well, her head anyway!

Steeler

Doing what we love to do.

Steeler