Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

The three little piggies were asleep in their feed bowl haveing just eaten the contents I would assume.  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

arian (Banned)

Quote from: Tank on February 01, 2012, 08:33:18 PM
The three little piggies were asleep in their feed bowl haveing just eaten the contents I would assume.  ;D

Hahaha, ... just like pigs, ey?

Man, what a picture...
This member has been banned. So don't expect any answers to your questions or comments.

Whitney

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Amicale

My favourite place in the whole world, Lake Huron, Ontario Canada.

I grew up visiting here, getting up just after dawn, walking the beach to see the sun rise, and walking it again to see the gorgeous sunsets.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Sandra Craft

Gorgeous!  I can just imagine retiring to a place like that, just can't imagine affording it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 03, 2012, 03:26:07 AM
Gorgeous!  I can just imagine retiring to a place like that, just can't imagine affording it.

Oh, actually it wouldn't be all that expensive to live there at all. You'd have to live either in a winterized cottage along the lakeshore somewhere (the very occasional house or mobile home is up for sale too), or you could easily live in one of the small towns along the Lake Huron shoreline, all of which are maybe a 20 minute drive from the beach. Your biggest problem would likely be a) finding a close enough grocery store and b) getting a reliable internet or cellphone signal, LOL. But the prices aren't bad. And it's definitely gorgeous. When the beach is packed during July and August, eh, it can get a little crowded but overall, it's a beautiful area, especially in the spring, or in autumn when there aren't so many people around... but there are crisp, clear mornings and lots of sun. Trees everywhere, and all you can hear is the wind, the water, and the odd owl or usual crickets chirping.  ;D

It's prettymuch my "happy place" in this world.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2012, 05:45:50 AM
A beautiful place Amicale!

;D I think so!

Here's a completely different photo. A friend's mom is a professional photographer (and that's NOT me. I wish! LOL):

McQ

Please all, just be sure that you don't post copyrighted material without consent or attribution to the photographer. It tends to cause photogs to get really ticked off and besides, it's the right thing to do.

Thanks.
--Penn Jillette

Amicale

Quote from: McQ on February 04, 2012, 03:12:27 PM
Please all, just be sure that you don't post copyrighted material without consent or attribution to the photographer. It tends to cause photogs to get really ticked off and besides, it's the right thing to do.

Thanks.

McQ, the one I just shared was put up as a promo. It's an older photo that doesn't fall under her usual 'all rights reserved' rule, she's been trying to get exposure for her work lately. That said, if you'd sooner I delete that, I'd be happy to.

Edited to add: I need to run for a couple hours. If there's anything a mod needs to delete, I sincerely apologize for posting it.

McQ

Quote from: Amicale on February 04, 2012, 03:42:37 PM
Quote from: McQ on February 04, 2012, 03:12:27 PM

Thanks.

McQ, the one I just shared was put up as a promo. It's an older photo that doesn't fall under her usual 'all rights reserved' rule, she's been trying to get exposure for her work lately. That said, if you'd sooner I delete that, I'd be happy to.

Edited to add: I need to run for a couple hours. If there's anything a mod needs to delete, I sincerely apologize for posting it.

No problem. My post was just as a reminder that posting copyrighted material without consent of the artist, photographer, etc is a no-no, in general. Not my rule at all. I would only take something down if a photographer contacted the HAF and said, "Hey! You're using my work, and I didn't authorize it!"

I assume everyone that posts knows to get permission and/or give attribution when they put things up here. But I wanted the reminder there anyway.

We often forget about intellectual property and how it's used.
--Penn Jillette