News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on November 09, 2011, 07:59:12 AM
I like the lizard, he looks like he's wearing a hat.
I assume that's you on the horse?
The python looks imaculate in his(?) new skin.

He has a weird habit of falling asleep on the vine and falling into the water below.
Yep, both pictures are of me.
Thea's a she, and that was taken a couple months ago. She actually shed last night again.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Lovely creatures.  I only once got the chance to handle a big snake, and it was really pleasant.  I like horses too, but it wouldn't be fair for a fat old beggar like me to sit on one.

Pharaoh Cat

This pic is from AMORDINARIAPHOTOS: http://amordinariaphotos.wordpress.com/

September 10, 2011.

It's an orangutan in captivity in Sumatra.

I just think orangutans are tremendously photogenic.

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Pharaoh Cat

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

McQ

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 01:36:11 PM
These just left me speachless National Geographic Photo Contest 2011

Speechless as well.

#14 was taken where I live. I have photos similar to that one. Nothing like the sight and sound of 50,000 to 100,000 Snow Geese and Canada Geese taking off at the same time! You need to be under cover when they head your way, believe me!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: McQ on November 18, 2011, 08:55:22 PM

Speechless as well.

#14 was taken where I live. I have photos similar to that one. Nothing like the sight and sound of 50,000 to 100,000 Snow Geese and Canada Geese taking off at the same time! You need to be under cover when they head your way, believe me!
I can imagine it would be a shitty experience!

Asmodean

That volcano pic was something I wish I could see live... Always wanted to see an eruption at night with the lightning and all the trimmings. Beautiful.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

A couple from a recent outing:

1. Pair of Bald Eagles

2. Some of those Snow Geese, Canada Geese, and Tundra Swans, with some background and foreground for perspective
(I think from last March?)

--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 09:21:35 PM
Quote from: McQ on November 18, 2011, 08:55:22 PM

Speechless as well.

I can imagine it would be a shitty experience!

;D

You got that right!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Could you crop the two eagles pic to just border the birds?

And they are all so beautifully sharp!

McQ

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 09:25:36 PM
Could you crop the two eagles pic to just border the birds?

And they are all so beautifully sharp!

The composition would be way better cropped, and here they are, cropped. The only reason I didn't do it before was because the photo had already been cropped in quite a bit and I was afraid of losing image quality with the virtual resizing that occurs with the heavier crops. It's ok here, but not a keeper for me at this resolution.

--Penn Jillette

Tank

It's very good but it's just lost that 'bite' of a perfect image. You just need to get closer next time  ;D