Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Although I shoot mostly sports and wildlife, I enjoy trying other subjects. Fireworks are a great way to hone photography skills.

--Penn Jillette

Tank

I don't know why I didn't start this thread ages ago! What with ADs night shots and McQs sports shops we have some great shots to share, And that fire shot looks like SiFi grass!

And if you like meerkats you must watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnfK7nlY9AM

And this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMIRwCNvI94

Simon King spent months gaining the trust of this family so he could follow them around.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Action shot of my dog showing a swan who is boss. Fortunately the swan was totally physically unhurt although I suspect its ego was a little bruised!

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

AnimatedDirt

More flash light fun at Joshua Tree with my twin daughters and their boyfriend.

Not a good picture, but it sure was fun taking these.

AnimatedDirt

McQ

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 10, 2011, 11:13:14 PM
More flash light fun at Joshua Tree with my twin daughters and their boyfriend.

Not a good picture, but it sure was fun taking these.

Light painting is fun. Nice shot.

But.

Wait.

Your twin daughters share a boyfriend?  :o

--Penn Jillette

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: McQ on June 11, 2011, 04:00:11 AM

But.

Wait.

Heh...no.  Same daughter twice.  Flash light on her for a few seconds, then she moved.

Tank

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 11, 2011, 06:32:55 AM

But.

Wait.

Heh...no.  Same daughter twice.  Flash light on her for a few seconds, then she moved.
LOL That's exactly what I thought and that AD was a wonderfully open minded individual as far as his kids are concerned! Which of course he may well be.

Stevil

Here's some more randoms from me. I'm feeling very much the amature compared to some people here, but hey.

I doctored this pelican one, there was quite a bit of rubbish in the water that I post edited out of the pic.

Tank

The difference between an amateur and a professional is whether you get paid, or not. It's not necessarily the quality of the output produced. Professionals should know their craft but does not guarantee that all professionals are better than all amateurs. My photography is very much using technology to make up for my inability to paint or draw and to see what one normally does not. I'm not creative in any way. Photographs can have many qualities that make them stand out from the crowd and not all are technical. Some of the best photographs ever taken are great because of their emotional content or what they depict.

For example an image of truly appalling quality but unique importance. 

The Magic Pudding

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 11, 2011, 06:32:55 AM

But.

Wait.

Ahhh...haha! Excellent job! I'll have to dig out the picture of my "quadruplets", if I can find it. Same idea, done with different technique.
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: Tank on June 11, 2011, 09:52:52 AM
The difference between an amateur and a professional is whether you get paid, or not. It's not necessarily the quality of the output produced. Professionals should know their craft but does not guarantee that all professionals are better than all amateurs. My photography is very much using technology to make up for my inability to paint or draw and to see what one normally does not. I'm not creative in any way. Photographs can have many qualities that make them stand out from the crowd and not all are technical. Some of the best photographs ever taken are great because of their emotional content or what they depict.

For example an image of truly appalling quality but unique importance. 

Ditto (I know. It's annoying when people use the "ditto" thing). Agree wholeheartedly, except with the part where you claim to not be creative. Your photos definitely show creativity and a good eye for a photo.

And Stevil, your photos are remarkable. Your compositions are excellent, your subjects are interesting, and they all look well done. Don't sell yourself short.
--Penn Jillette