News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Quote from: Stevil on May 24, 2012, 08:13:51 AM
Quote from: McQ on May 17, 2012, 10:22:59 PM
Took this a couple of days ago with the iPhone

Holy crap.

...and here was me thinking McQ's so fantastic because he has the best camera money can buy.

What's my excuse going to be now  :-\

;D ;D

Thanks, Stevil. The flip side is that I'm capable of taking really horrendous shots with the D3s as well!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: Radiant on May 24, 2012, 05:52:16 AM

I like taking pictures of my instruments, because to be honest there just isn't enough woodwind photography out there. At least not IMO. (there can never be enough  ;)) Pictures of them together are incredibly hard to find, so I decided to take a couple myself.

One can never have too much woodwind photography. Nicely done.
I enjoy photos of things like this - musical instruments, small, clocks, watches, other small complex times. We don't take the time to look at these things very much, and photos of them can be really striking.
--Penn Jillette

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Recusant

Ahh, some beautiful stuff here, as usual. Thank you all for sharing your images!

The Storr of Skye, with the Old Man (in Gaelic, it has a ruder name  ;)), from a trip there earlier this year.  I remember my first glimpse of this formation a few years ago, from miles away. It was magical.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Stevil

Recusant

Thank you, Stevil; we got lucky with the weather on that trip. Usually at that time of year (early March) you can't even see the Storr from the spot where I took that shot.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

Nice. Sort of stark and a bit creepy, which for me is characteristic of the Highlands.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

McQ

That is an awesome scene, Recusant. Man, I could spend a whole lot of time shooting that from dozens of angles and at various times of day. You nailed a very strong atmosphere with it.
--Penn Jillette

DeterminedJuliet

A pretty apple tree that was in full bloom while I was in Nova Scotia last week. :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

Let me just be clear up front -- I DID NOT take this picture.  I only wish.  It's a picture of one of the Kestrel falcons that lives on the base were I work, and it was attached to one of the base's online enviro training segments and I shamelessly lifted it.  It's now the screensaver on my work computer. 

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

That's very pretty, DJ.
And that's a mean-looking kestrel, too.  Glad you posted that, whoever took it.

MariaEvri

love the kestrel. We have a pair nesting here in the appartment next to mine. I finally amaged and put a camera there and watching the results now :)
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

DJ, really pretty tree. Looking around the photo, I see some really cool shadows those apple trees have created. It would be awesome (and extremely difficult) to photograph the line of trees from overhead.
--Penn Jillette

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.