News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Icarus

I am a women's athletics admirer. My deceased wife was a professional athlete and later a coach for women and girls sports. That stuff wore off on me permanently. Thus I admire women who are dedicated to their particular sport in spite of the sacrifices and difficulties.

Here is a story about a Hasidic woman who dispatched her ultra strict beliefs that had been thrust upon her.She became an athlete and an atheist.

Some of you may find the following article worth reading.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/after-she-escaped-her-strict-religious-community-there-was-no-turning-back?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

im a pacifist.

i hear lots of shit about pacifists.

heres a decent rendition of pacifiscm:

this is true religion.

set the function, not the mechanism.

The Magic Pudding..

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

Yes. He was a smart and witty man. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.