News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on August 12, 2022, 01:13:39 PMBecause a part of what I do is onsite work, and being in construction industry, that entails outdoors networking in high hazard areas, hence reflective clothing, helmets, glasses, ear protection, steel toes - the works.

On the upside, I get to ride all sorts of self-propelled boom lifts and other such bright orange nonsense of heavy-duty steel and massive proportions.

Fascinating.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

It is indeed a really cool job.

In addition to ye-regular radio link/open area networking, I also do some secondary services, such as install, configure and maintain our fleet of cameras for time-lapse films of the construction process. Sometimes they also have to function for health and safety monitoring or area security as well.

My "pet project" of sorts is Wi-Fi coverage in low-signal, difficult to penetrate areas, such as tunnels, basements and underground parking garages during the building process. Basically, before there is any sort of electric or signal-bearing infrastructure. I'm in the late prototyping phase with that, and it does necessitate a good deal of on-site work, though that of mostly laptop variety in nice, cool, underground places. Still in full "disaster gear" though.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.