News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Hello, new here.

Started by Geisthund, May 31, 2011, 04:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geisthund

QuoteI only played Vampire the Masquerade once...never got into it.  I realized, while playing, that I didn't actually like vampires.  Never understood the trend.
Dark gothic vampires in the middle age, whats not to like?! lol...forums need a vampire emoticon imo  :-X

QuoteI do want to say that I love your name. Welcome!  There are a lot of friendly people here.
i'm an MMO/RPG fan myself.

Thank you, what games are you playing as of the moment?

Sweetdeath

Just Ragnorok online at the moment. My girlfriend wants to get me into world of warcraft though.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Geisthund

WoW isnt worth it really, neither is RIFT, if you dont have a hardcore dedicated group end game will not be very much fun.

Gawen

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 31, 2011, 04:46:52 AM
Welcome to HAF. I imagine you were raised with a religion, when exactly did you realize you were an atheist?

QuoteI've been a lifetime atheist in a family of religious nuts

The above statement just doesn't seem to fit. I don't think I've ever met a lifetime atheist who was raised by religious nuts. I'm not trying to nitpick, this just raised my curiosity.
It's not unheard of. I grew up in a Presbyterian family, sang in the church choir for nearly ten years, rang the choir bells...and I never did believe in it. I only did this to make my parents happy...*shruggin with a grin*
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Geisthund

Quote from: Gawen on June 03, 2011, 04:19:16 PM
Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 31, 2011, 04:46:52 AM
Welcome to HAF. I imagine you were raised with a religion, when exactly did you realize you were an atheist?

QuoteI've been a lifetime atheist in a family of religious nuts

The above statement just doesn't seem to fit. I don't think I've ever met a lifetime atheist who was raised by religious nuts. I'm not trying to nitpick, this just raised my curiosity.
It's not unheard of. I grew up in a Presbyterian family, sang in the church choir for nearly ten years, rang the choir bells...and I never did believe in it. I only did this to make my parents happy...*shruggin with a grin*
I'm glad someone came to my defense on that point, was starting to feel a bit silly..I usually dont spend more than 30 seconds before I post something..so my posts usually are not the best thought out things...but I do try to get my point across in an eloquent way as possible.

bicycle