News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

When did you last break the law and how?

Started by Willow, June 01, 2011, 12:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byronazriel

I'm no idiot, my stuff is well hidden. Plus I don't think saying I have something that may be illegal on a forum is grounds for a search warrant.

I have a lot of dirt on my mother, and I was very unspecific in my allegation. I would sing like a canary if they asked me to, and I'm pretty sure unless I actually attempt to conceal it it's just a misdemeanour.

A perch guide is a member of the Quinault Indian Nation who is paid (25$ a person last time I checked.) by a group of people not of the tribe to basically babysit them when they fish for perch off the beaches. Unguided fisherman not of the tribe get their fish and gear confiscated.

Technically I have a guide license... I just don't know where it is. I havent ahd it since last summer, and I've yet to be carded. I just keep forgetting to get a new one.
"You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch." -Jervis Tetch

Whitney

Quote from: Byronazriel on June 04, 2011, 09:10:20 PM
I don't think saying I have something that may be illegal on a forum is grounds for a search warrant.

In order to get a search warrant there must be probable cause and enough evidence of guilt to get a judge to sign off on the search warrant.  Saying something on an internet forum is no different from writing it on a sheet of paper or saying it over the phone. 

So, yes it can be used against you. 

Not to mention that I don't want to have to mess with the authorities if they need an admin view in order to confirm your identity; And not because I'd decline (not going to take up the cross for someone else's mistake...so to speak) there are too many closeted people on here and I'd be afraid the authorities would ask for more access than they need and could easily get it due to the patriot act.  So let's try not to increase the odds that one day the fbi might want me to release information.

This thread was meant in fun...no one is going to get in trouble for admitting to speeding or other mundane laws...but illegal weapons is not a small deal.

Asmodean

Quote from: Whitney on June 05, 2011, 12:02:25 AMThis thread was meant in fun...no one is going to get in trouble for admitting to speeding or other mundane laws...but illegal weapons is not a small deal.
And thus my point is made.

The thing is, you see, that if you are not being monitored by somebody for something, you probably have little to nothing to fear when admitting whatever you please online. If you are, however, then they will add your admissions to the file, be sure of that.

Additionally, should you come under an investigation for something in the future, the police will use the internet to try to gather facts and/or pointers to facts. A full confession somewhere online will take them a long way, even if they can't use it in court... And words like "illegal explosives"... Well, that they like. Especially over in States, or so I hear.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

the only laws I broke are making u-turns and driving above speed limit. Boring stuff like that. Never been caught though (yet)
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com