News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

When did you last break the law and how?

Started by Willow, June 01, 2011, 12:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

Quote from: Will on June 02, 2011, 05:19:42 AM
Oral sex is legally prohibited in San Francisco, last I checked, so I'm expecting SWAT to kick down my door any moment because I must be on their 10 Most Wanted list.  8)

So... did you have an accomplice or was this a solo crime?  That would be impressive.

In the Uniform Code of Military Justice, it is illegal to have sex in any other fashion than missionary position through a hole in a sheet that stays between you so you cannot see each others' nudity.  They're in the process of changing that law to make consensual sodomy okay.

Willow

Quote from: Gawen on June 02, 2011, 07:06:53 AM
Is this the last time I broke the law or the last time I broke the law and got caught?
Just the last time you broke the law.  I haven't been caught for any lawbreaking since I was a schoolgirl (truanting).

Theft by finding.  Found a hat on the street.  I'm taking it home to wash, then it's mine.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Willow on June 02, 2011, 11:52:32 AM
Theft by finding.  Found a hat on the street.  I'm taking it home to wash, then it's mine.

That's recycling, reusing actually which is even better.
The boy scouts should give you a badge for that.

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Asmodean

Quote from: Gawen on June 02, 2011, 12:19:22 PM
Speeding, but never more than 5 over.
5 what..? kmph? mph? m/s? Some units of measurement can make 5 into quite a lot of speed  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Speeding on the motorway (freeway). Very rarely speed on urban roads.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ihateyoumike

Smoked quite a bit of chronic over the last few days whilst busting my ass moving. My attitude and motivation would have been fisgustingly low if I didn't smoke.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

xSilverPhinx

My, my, my...you all must feel like quite the criminals :P

I personally feel that giving these deep Brazilian south natives a car should be against the law.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

leedan

Speeding would be my latest infraction. Happens everyday going back and forth to work. Safety in numbers prevents me from receiving penalty. Also I've had state cruisers follow along side maybe checking my jeep for modification restrictions. It's only 2" above maximum ride night. :P

Gawen

Quote from: Asmodean on June 02, 2011, 12:56:26 PM
Quote from: Gawen on June 02, 2011, 12:19:22 PM
Speeding, but never more than 5 over.
5 what..? kmph? mph? m/s? Some units of measurement can make 5 into quite a lot of speed  :P
That's 5 over the speed of light...*chucklin*

No....mph. I really don't do a lot of bad stuff. I work for the city and need (and like) my job.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

history_geek

Well....

Constant speeding just over the legal limit (in a 80km/h zone, I keep the speed around 90km/h) (haven't been caught yet  ;D nad even with those damn buckets (speed cameras on the road sides), I just slow down when I come across one and speed up imediately afterwards)
Minor other things in city traffic (like hell I can tell where the lane in the city is supposed to go if there's no lines...)
Oh, and last week I drove against red lights. In my defense though I must say that it was around 10.30 pm, I stopped and waited about thirty seconds and since there was no-one comming or going from any other direction I decided that the hell with it. And I was taking my hungry youngr brother to McDonalds. I rest my case.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Tank

Quote from: history_geek on June 03, 2011, 01:49:55 PM
Well....

Constant speeding just over the legal limit (in a 80km/h zone, I keep the speed around 90km/h) (haven't been caught yet  ;D nad even with those damn buckets (speed cameras on the road sides), I just slow down when I come across one and speed up imediately afterwards)
Minor other things in city traffic (like hell I can tell where the lane in the city is supposed to go if there's no lines...)
Oh, and last week I drove against red lights. In my defense though I must say that it was around 10.30 pm, I stopped and waited about thirty seconds and since there was no-one comming or going from any other direction I decided that the hell with it. And I was taking my hungry youngr brother to McDonalds. I rest my case.

I sometimes go into Leeds early on a Sunday morning (6am 'ish as I am a natural early riser) to take street/architectural photographs when there is next to nobody about. I get so fed up with the traffic lights that still think it's rush hour!  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Byronazriel

I own illegal weapons, and illegal explosives. I also look the other way when my mother is breaking the law... Which is more often than I am comfortable with.

Also perch guiding without a license.
"You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch." -Jervis Tetch

Asmodean

Quote from: Byronazriel on June 04, 2011, 09:55:36 AM
I own illegal weapons, and illegal explosives. I also look the other way when my mother is breaking the law... Which is more often than I am comfortable with.

For someone who does not bother too much with hiding his identity... Nice admissions  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Byronazriel on June 04, 2011, 09:55:36 AM

What's wrong with helping a lost fish?