News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Do celebrities really believe in god ???

Started by atheist, May 28, 2011, 08:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Not all celebrities are religious, not all celebrities believe in a god, not all celebrities that do believe in some theist organisation believe in the same one. They are completely different people not some hive minded organism.

Last time I checked it wasn't a negative to be an atheist in entertainment, there are some big names that are associated with atheism such as Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Jack Nicholson, Larry King, Angelina Jolie, Woody Allen, James Cameron, Jodie Foster, Keanu Reeves, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Ricky Gervais. Im gonna stop there as there are flipping loads.

What I usually see from religious celebrities is an illusion of grandeur far beyond there talents with a complete lack of humility.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: atheist on May 29, 2011, 12:21:40 AM
@xSilverPhinx
you welcome  :)
no,i definitely don't believe in god.i think it just makes me depressed and ruins my life(it used to) :'(
i think that i was brainwashed too much when i was young so now i have problems.therefore i always look for proofs that god doesn't exist.and something and sometimes confuses me(like religious celebrities^^)...and then struggling again  :'(
just tired of that
also i think that my religious flashes happen during the bad weather and also i can't control them  >:(

Programming/brainwashing can be tough to get over, and I still think you should look up some of the atheistic arguments supporting why they don't believe in god, or just ask around. You might find some good answers that help with your mental struggle with your theistic programming.  

The questions you asked Stevil for instance make you look like you're still a theist or at least still think like a theist...  ??? Which is why I asked.

And just to make a note, you won't find proofs that gods don't exist because gods are unfalsifiable. What you can seriously question and disprove are the claims that people make about gods. Such as the celebrity issue: is the fact that they became religious due to their success not a plausible one? Some people see those sorts of things that way. And like Crow pointed out there are plenty of famous people who are openly atheist. If one had to be religious to be famous or successful, then wouldn't all celebrities be religious?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

McQ

Quote from: Cecilie on May 28, 2011, 09:19:02 PM
I'm sorry, is your brain in your ass or something? Because this makes no sense to me.

Whoa there! Let's keep it civil, please.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, atheist.  Apparently there were 4 (?) questions in your OP, and now there is only one.  It seems from the initial answers you received, the four questions were different from the one that's there now.  In my opinion, that's very bad form, and tends to create confusion, but perhaps you didn't know any better.

I'm glad that losing religion seems to have improved your self confidence, and I hope you continue to learn and grow.  
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: atheist on May 29, 2011, 12:14:11 AM
@Cecilie
yeah,maybe they are not that sensitive to this shit,BUT i still don't trust them :p
Then don't trust them. But your lack of trust has no impact on what people actually believe. You're internalised dialogue exists only in your head. Reality is out there your perception of it is inside your head.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: atheist on May 28, 2011, 08:27:15 PM
  Do celebrities really believe in god or just lying making themselves cool and higher than simple people ?
Which celebrities..? Richard Dawkins is an atheist and he is very well-known.

If you are talking about those pop singers and athletes and the like... Well, I suppose many of them do believe in god, but then again... Many of them are not too bright. It's often amusing to watch people take for truth something some celebrity with the IQ of 90 and the wisdom of an earth worm said in an attempt to sound like a deep thinker...  ::)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: McQ on May 29, 2011, 05:25:35 AM
I'm sorry, is your brain in your ass or something? Because this makes no sense to me.

I have a weird sense of humor.
The world's what you create.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on May 29, 2011, 10:32:45 AM
Quote from: atheist on May 28, 2011, 08:27:15 PM
  Do celebrities really believe in god or just lying making themselves cool and higher than simple people ?
Which celebrities..? Richard Dawkins is an atheist and he is very well-known.

If you are talking about those pop singers and athletes and the like... Well, I suppose many of them do believe in god, but then again... Many of them are not too bright. It's often amusing to watch people take for truth something some celebrity with the IQ of 90 and the wisdom of an earth worm said in an attempt to sound like a deep thinker...  ::)

George Bush Jr.?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

McQ

Quote from: Cecilie on May 29, 2011, 12:11:06 PM

I understand. But the forum has rules for civility and that was outside the bounds. I hope that's understood.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 29, 2011, 01:46:25 PM
George Bush Jr.?
No... That one has the IQ of an earth worm. And I've heard he thinks wisdom is a small town in Canada.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: McQ on May 29, 2011, 02:11:08 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 29, 2011, 12:11:06 PM

I understand. But the forum has rules for civility and that was outside the bounds. I hope that's understood.

I understand.
The world's what you create.