News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Guess The Album Cover

Started by Cecilie, May 18, 2011, 05:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

OK, yes. My bad.

It's actually a very hard game, either you know it or you don't. I've never heard of Skinny Puppy.

Cecilie

I wasn't actually thinking of Prince's album, but it looks exactly the same as the other one, so I guess it counts.
The world's what you create.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Stevil on May 31, 2011, 11:40:44 AM
People aren't following the rules of the game. You need to sucessfully guess the album, then you get to post a mystery album.
Rules are there to be broken. I think Magic Pudding's right, having a couple of albums on the thread at the same time will keep people interested and keep the thread going

Stevil

Quote from: Cecilie on May 31, 2011, 03:13:10 PM
I wasn't actually thinking of Prince's album, but it looks exactly the same as the other one, so I guess it counts.
It seems a few artists have had the same megaexciting idea of an all black album cover. Which one were you thinking of?

Cecilie

Quote from: Stevil on May 31, 2011, 08:13:13 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 31, 2011, 03:13:10 PM
It seems a few artists have had the same megaexciting idea of an all black album cover. Which one were you thinking of?
I was thinking of This Is Spinal Tap.
The world's what you create.

original_gender

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Too Few Lions on May 31, 2011, 03:39:25 PMI think Magic Pudding's right

I think Too Few Lions is right.

So this isn't Richard Scary?
I see a helicopter but it doesn't look like Lowly.

wildfire_emissary

Jefferson Airplane - whoever they are. The record label on the photo gave it away.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: wildfire_emissary on June 06, 2011, 02:22:19 PM
Jefferson Airplane - whoever they are. The record label on the photo gave it away.

You didn't submit a new album cover or fully answer the question.
QuoteAfter Bathing at Baxter's was released in 1967 and is the third album by the San Francisco rock band Jefferson Airplane.

And no cheating and looking at the image details.

Too Few Lions

well done, 'After Bathing at Baxters' by the Airplane. Maybe I should have painted over the RCA logo too!

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 06, 2011, 05:04:51 PM

QuoteAfter Bathing at Baxter's was released in 1967 and is the third album by the San Francisco rock band Jefferson Airplane.

Animals - Pink Floyd.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 06, 2011, 05:04:51 PM

Pink Floyd - Animals. And here's another to add to the mix;

the record label's Epic if it helps!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 04, 2011, 04:07:31 PM
Quote from: Too Few Lions on May 31, 2011, 03:39:25 PMI think Magic Pudding's right

I think Too Few Lions is right.

Maybe he was right and now he is an evil bastard who has taken possession of both album covers!

Where's our clue for this one?

Recusant

Quote from: Too Few Lions on June 06, 2011, 05:26:51 PM

the record label's Epic if it helps!

I don't need the label; that's an album that I had for a long time.  Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus by Spirit. So here's another:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Stevil

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 06, 2011, 06:10:54 PM
Where's our clue for this one?

It is no secret that this album is certified double-platinum in the US. It has now sold more than 3 million copies worldwide.
The singer is Canadian and the genre is Celtic