News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Kid stabs himself to prove God exists.

Started by Tank, April 16, 2011, 07:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"I would like to know the motives why he felt he had to stab himself before I'm harsh. Stabbing oneself is just not a normal thing to do...
Am I to understand that one should be extra nice to him just because he is not normal, should that be the case?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Asmodean, I'm not saying that you should be nice, I'm just saying that I would want to know if he had some real issues before being harsh. Someone stabbing himself is a little different from preaching the wildest, stupidest things in a church. I would waste no time being harsh in the situation fester30 described below.

Fester30: I agree that normal takes on a whole different meaning, but even among the religious stabbing your hand to prove that god exists would not be considered 'normal' I think.

Quotea group of people will invite you up to the stage where they will all put their hands upon you and sign and praise loudly until they break into fits of random laughter, tears, and mumbling gibberish. That last one was really scary. It's why I didn't stay at the Assemblies of God for very long when I was trying to find the version of Christianity I agreed with.

LOL I think I would laugh along...

That sort of 'holy ghost' looks more like a 'demon' to me.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

fester30

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"Asmodean, I'm not saying that you should be nice, I'm just saying that I would want to know if he had some real issues before being harsh. Someone stabbing himself is a little different from preaching the wildest, stupidest things in a church. I would waste no time being harsh in the situation fester30 described below.

Fester30: I agree that normal takes on a whole different meaning, but even among the religious stabbing your hand to prove that god exists would not be considered 'normal' I think.

Quotea group of people will invite you up to the stage where they will all put their hands upon you and sign and praise loudly until they break into fits of random laughter, tears, and mumbling gibberish. That last one was really scary. It's why I didn't stay at the Assemblies of God for very long when I was trying to find the version of Christianity I agreed with.

That sort of 'holy ghost' looks more like a 'demon' to me.  :P

Yeah I left out of fear that sacrificing cats was next.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "fester30"
Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"Asmodean, I'm not saying that you should be nice, I'm just saying that I would want to know if he had some real issues before being harsh. Someone stabbing himself is a little different from preaching the wildest, stupidest things in a church. I would waste no time being harsh in the situation fester30 described below.

That sort of 'holy ghost' looks more like a 'demon' to me.  :kitty:

They would probably sacrifice a bunch of cattle, that yes. I think your fears would be better justified with those.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sophus

I guess he was thinking, "clearly no one would intentionally inflict pain upon themselves unless they knew God would protect them from the pain." Bizarre.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Godless

I actually go to Virginia Tech and I'm just hearing/reading about this story cause I had no idea this happened last month. Btw, do you guys think it's worth it to join an atheist/freethinking group at Tech or is that pointless? Also, the Westboro freaks came to Tech last year on the anniversary of the shooting and they were talking shit about us.

fester30

Quote from: Godless on May 02, 2011, 04:38:29 PM
I actually go to Virginia Tech and I'm just hearing/reading about this story cause I had no idea this happened last month. Btw, do you guys think it's worth it to join an atheist/freethinking group at Tech or is that pointless? Also, the Westboro freaks came to Tech last year on the anniversary of the shooting and they were talking shit about us.

I think it would probably be positive to join an atheist/freethinking group.  It's good especially in college to have others to bounce ideas off of, especially those that might be considered like-minded.  It's healthy to see that even though you agree on one issue doesn't mean you walk lockstep on everything else.

Tank

Quote from: fester30 on May 02, 2011, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: Godless on May 02, 2011, 04:38:29 PM

I think it would probably be positive to join an atheist/freethinking group.  It's good especially in college to have others to bounce ideas off of, especially those that might be considered like-minded.  It's healthy to see that even though you agree on one issue doesn't mean you walk lockstep on everything else.
I think this is a fair assessment.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.