News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Blinded woman gets to put acid in attacker's eyes

Started by Whitney, May 14, 2011, 05:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Quote from: Will37 on May 20, 2011, 02:22:06 AM
He did mention specific practices.  And I did not fault him for being outraged by particular practices.  I faulted him for his transition to ranting about the inferiority about the group of people who practiced the religion that arguable permitted those practices. 

how is it bigotry to consider people who would allow such practices to be inferior?

I think skinheads and neo-natzis are inferior...would you consider that bigotry?  If so, you are throwing around a loaded word too easily.

Will37

Quote from: Whitney on May 20, 2011, 02:52:11 AM
Quote from: Will37 on May 20, 2011, 02:22:06 AM
He did mention specific practices.  And I did not fault him for being outraged by particular practices.  I faulted him for his transition to ranting about the inferiority about the group of people who practiced the religion that arguable permitted those practices. 

how is it bigotry to consider people who would allow such practices to be inferior?

I think skinheads and neo-natzis are inferior...would you consider that bigotry?  If so, you are throwing around a loaded word too easily.

I think considering anyone 'inferior' to you as a human being more than a little self-rightous.  Nevertheless, there is a difference between being raised in a particular faith tradition and self-selecting to identify with a political group for the specific purpose of rebelling against the prevailing norms of tolerance.  That is if you consider being a Muslim as comparable to being a skin-head.  Which it seems you do.  Depending on who it is you have in mind when you refer to individuals who 'allow' the practices.  This young woman was included in his set of savages.  Is she part of the inferior class?
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

Whitney

Quote from: Will37 on May 20, 2011, 03:53:51 AM

I think considering anyone 'inferior' to you as a human being more than a little self-rightous.  Nevertheless, there is a difference between being raised in a particular faith tradition and self-selecting to identify with a political group for the specific purpose of rebelling against the prevailing norms of tolerance.  That is if you consider being a Muslim as comparable to being a skin-head.  Which it seems you do.  Depending on who it is you have in mind when you refer to individuals who 'allow' the practices.  This young woman was included in his set of savages.  Is she part of the inferior class?

I was merely attempting to get you to actually explain why you were calling someone a bigot, which you finally kinda did.  Me asking questions and disagreeing with your use of bigot doesn't automatically mean I agree with what the other person said.  I actually don't agree with either of you.  I just don't like the word bigot to be thrown around without adequate explanation...the loaded nature of the word requires explanation on a forum where civility is honored.

Will37

Quote from: Whitney on May 20, 2011, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: Will37 on May 20, 2011, 03:53:51 AM

I was merely attempting to get you to actually explain why you were calling someone a bigot, which you finally kinda did.  Me asking questions and disagreeing with your use of bigot doesn't automatically mean I agree with what the other person said.  I actually don't agree with either of you.  I just don't like the word bigot to be thrown around without adequate explanation...the loaded nature of the word requires explanation on a forum where civility is honored.

You're right.  I apologize.
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

Sweetdeath

I think something as simple as eye for an eye should be done more often. Have you ever done research on jails in America? They're a fucking joke.

Why do you think we have so much crime?

This woman was ruined because she didn't want to marry him? Fuck him! This kind of attack is unforgivable. Have you ever known someone who has been attacked or raped? It destroys you.

So they get "justice" by sitting in a cozy jail, watching judge Judy, eating free meals and playing hoops in the courtyard? No, thank you.

I believe this woman has been entilted to this, and has gotten just a tiny comfort in this billshit world.

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.