Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hello

Started by amppax, May 05, 2011, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amppax

Quote from: Stevil on May 06, 2011, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: amppax on May 06, 2011, 04:58:07 PM
Hey no sorry, i just came over because I truly haven't met many atheists, and decided to find out what y'all were about.
Hello Amppax

I really do hope that some of your preconceived perceptions are changed (for the better, not the worse) on this site. That way at least your visit to HAF has provided value and improved your view of Atheists. Not that you have a bad view, but it is always good to discover something new.

BTW don't listen to Maria, we're not all Satanists, I hardly ever talk to Satan these days, not that I'm angry with him, just lost touch.

A lot of my preconceived perceptions already have, and I've only been here shortly (and yes, its been for the better). I would agree, it is always good to discover new things!

The Black Jester

Hey no sorry, i just came over because I truly haven't met many atheists, and decided to find out what y'all were about.
Hello Amppax

I really do hope that some of your preconceived perceptions are changed (for the better, not the worse) on this site. That way at least your visit to HAF has provided value and improved your view of Atheists. Not that you have a bad view, but it is always good to discover something new.

BTW don't listen to Maria, we're not all Satanists, I hardly ever talk to Satan these days, not that I'm angry with him, just lost touch.

Satan knows you've lost touch, and Satan is sad.  He misses you...
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Stevil

Quote from: The Black Jester on May 06, 2011, 08:43:58 PM
Hello Amppax

Satan knows you've lost touch, and Satan is sad.  He misses you...
Oh, now I'm sad.

The Magic Pudding

I don't believe in Satan anymore.
I've wasted dozens of useful goats, and I'm still not ruler of the world.
Jeez, the people in my street don't even do what I tell 'em.

A nice top hat will cover your horns, if this isn't your style you could consider a career as a chef.

Will37

Quote from: amppax on May 06, 2011, 08:42:38 PM
I would agree, it is always good to discover new things!

The Mayans said that all the time.  Then one day Cortez showed up.
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

amppax

Quote from: Will37 on May 07, 2011, 11:41:38 AM

Well there getting the last laugh next year  ;)

Will37

Quote from: amppax on May 07, 2011, 06:12:41 PM
Quote from: Will37 on May 07, 2011, 11:41:38 AM

Well there getting the last laugh next year  ;)

Not if we strike first
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

Stevil

amppax, what are you studying at highschool?

amppax

Quote from: Stevil on May 08, 2011, 03:43:05 AM

well, pretty much everything, my favorite classes are history and english though. I'm planning on being a history major next year

Tank

Quote from: amppax on May 08, 2011, 05:26:40 AM
Quote from: Stevil on May 08, 2011, 03:43:05 AM

well, pretty much everything, my favorite classes are history and english though. I'm planning on being a history major next year

My wife is doing a History masters at the moment and is studying early 20th century politics in the UK. It's proving to be very interesting. I don't find myself hiding when she asks me to proof read things!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

PapistItalian16

Hey Ammpax! Welcome to HAF.

--PapistItalian *Cough cough* BigJon16 *cough cough*
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

amppax

Quote from: PapistItalian16 on May 08, 2011, 01:54:03 PM

Hey Jon ;D

Stevil

Quote from: PapistItalian16 on May 08, 2011, 01:54:03 PM

:o

;D

Stevil

So Alex, how old were you when you converted from Atheist to Catholic?
Was it a gradual change or was there a defining moment? Perhaps a religious experience.
Anything you care to share?