News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

problems attaching photos

Started by Norbie, May 03, 2011, 10:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norbie

Hi~  I'm having problems attaching photos (and in the future I'm sure I'll have the same if I want to post a video clip or something.  On my husband's forum I can see how to do it, & in fact I even showed him how to do it so he could post his own.  But I'm not really good with computers, other than what my job and bit of exploring the net has shown me.  I did go to your help and search thing to see what I could find, and I followed the directions, but I just get {img/img}or something similar.  The link itself doesn't show up, or the actual photo in the text box.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly walk me through how to do it.

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance,

Kim

Whitney

use this:
[img]www.imageurl.com[/img]

or past in image url, highlight it, and click on

DaveD

It may be that Norbie was referring to the ability on some forums to upload images rather than link to them. I've never used that method, preferring to upload my pics to Photobucket or, if they get snotty, my blog, then link to them there. I'd rather not put a strain on someone else's bandwidth.

Whitney

Quote from: DaveD on May 03, 2011, 10:28:46 PM
It may be that Norbie was referring to the ability on some forums to upload images rather than link to them. I've never used that method, preferring to upload my pics to Photobucket or, if they get snotty, my blog, then link to them there. I'd rather not put a strain on someone else's bandwidth.

In that case, I disabled attachments when setting up this forum.

Norbie

Yes, thanks.  I was referring to uploading images rather than linking.  I didn't know about the band-width issue.  Now I get how Whitney has set it up.

I'll see how I can link them in instead- in a way that is more user friendly.

Thanks,

Kim