News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Me sometimes thinks we need a thread which is dedicated just to Catholics :

Nuns :f you:

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

Tank

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Icarus

^ G85,I have always wondered why the jihadists wear masks. Are they afraid their mother will recognize them or something?  A man who hides behind a mask is behaving in a cowardly way.

Guardian85

Quote from: Icarus on March 05, 2016, 02:26:55 AM
^ G85,I have always wondered why the jihadists wear masks. Are they afraid their mother will recognize them or something?  A man who hides behind a mask is behaving in a cowardly way.
For the same reason western special forces and bank robbers don't show their faces to the public. So that intelligence officers can't identify them. It's hard to be a Jordanian jihadi when the minute you come home for a bit of R&R the Jordanian security service come down on you like a ton of bricks.

-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Tank

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on March 05, 2016, 02:26:55 AM

They're cowardly, but not necessarily stupid. ;)

If you're interested, you could read up on crowd psychology. People behave differently when the become anonymous (wear masks) - there's deinvididuation, in which the sense of responsibility for one's actions is reduced, not to mention feelings of social restraint.

The wiki page for crowd psychology
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank