News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Yes, but the message beneath seems fishy in a way light bending through a layer of glass would probably not account for.

Still, genuine or fake, it's a nice enough sign.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

The term "Evangelical Free" makes me laugh.  I looked it up once and it means both Evangelical and free (meaning free of hierarchy), but I like to pretend that it means "free of Evangelicals" like as in how "fat free" is "free of fat."   :D

Firebird

I wasn't sure whether the sign was real, but I just went to the church's website, and there it is on the home page, along with mentions of Tom Tate:

http://www.rcpumc.org/
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sweetdeath

I agree, real or not. It is a really nice sign.. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Jimmy

For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 05, 2012, 06:51:07 PM
Quote from: Jimmy on April 05, 2012, 06:45:42 PM

Take that, Creationists. :)

This picture kinda reminds me of Sarah Mclachlan's "Dear God". One of the lines goes "did you make mankind after we made you?"

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Unlinked

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Amicale

:D Good one. I love the "free Crucific kazoo" advertisement on the box!

We have a Kelloggs factory here in town... now it'll take on a whole new meaning when I drive past and smell that cereal goodness...

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-