News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: MariaEvri on March 25, 2012, 11:43:29 AM

It occurred to me that atheists and Christians might like this one for entirely different reasons!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

MariaEvri

I understand why atheists laught at this but why christians?

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Amicale

Quote from: MariaEvri on March 25, 2012, 06:09:33 PM
I understand why atheists laught at this but why christians?

If you were referring to what I said above :) I've showed that one to Christian friends before. They thought it was cute, because they very much prefer 'black and white' thinking, and they think it's silly how atheists think in terms of 'shades of grey'. They also dislike moral relativism, and I heard a few 'amens' regarding the running away from it. In the last panel, with the 'back to black and white thinking', I heard another few amens with the little guy hugging the cross. Sigh, lol. Those particular people didn't catch the skeptic humor in the cartoon. One assumed a fundamentalist Christian must have done the cartoon, even.

I'll add that Jars of Clay even has a song called 'Fade to Grey', about how when one starts to doubt and feel alone and they start to give up their faith, their black and white world disappears and 'fades to grey' and they can't find Jesus anymore.  ::)

Love this. Yes, Hermione does indeed get it.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

MariaEvri

QuoteOne assumed a fundamentalist Christian must have done the cartoon, even.
oh yes they TOTALLY missed the point
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

The Hermione thing is priceless!!! I totally forgot about that line. I believe it's from book 7. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 28, 2012, 02:14:53 AM

HEY!!! They forgot The Asmo. It's Asmo, Earth, Fire and Water, DAMMIT!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on March 28, 2012, 04:12:04 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 28, 2012, 02:14:53 AM

HEY!!! They forgot The Asmo. It's Asmo, Earth, Fire and Water, DAMMIT!  >:(

Sorry buddy, the Asmo is made out of clay. Hence, Earth.  :D

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 04:16:18 AM
Clay, yes, but also Higgs Bosons. Those are primarily for Ungodly Powers.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I could not agree more with the sentiments expressed in this picture.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Additionally, respecting someone's right to hold certain beliefs is not the same as respecting that someone for holding them.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2012, 09:47:22 AM
I could not agree more with the sentiments expressed in this picture.

Damn straight!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Jimmy

I absolutely LOVE this one.... It is sooo true  :D
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

DeterminedJuliet

shoot - be back later to fix this.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on March 28, 2012, 04:18:43 AM
Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 04:16:18 AM
Clay, yes, but also Higgs Bosons. Those are primarily for Ungodly Powers.

I always read "Higgs Bosons" as "Higg's Bosoms."  So Asmo is made of clay and some lady named Higg's ladyparts.