News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Amicale

Since the vast majority of theists figure we're headed here... what if the joke's on them?  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

history_geek

How we react to priests in military:

Wounded jäger: Look out! There's another mine!
Medic: What has happened here? Oops...

Wounded jäger: Hurt bad?
Medic: Don't think so... just a scratch. We have to dress the wounds and carefully crawl...
(Anonymous) corporal: Hey guys! Feeling bad?

Wounded jäger: Wait a minute... I hope that i'snt..?
(Anonymous) corporal:Hear me when I tell you how Jesus has already settled Your sins for You...

Wounded jäger: AAAAAAA!!! QUICK! THERE MUST BE MORE MINES SOMEWHERE!!!
(Anonymous) corporal: ... Your war is over. So You should no longer fight against Your God, instead You shall make, in His name, a peace to Your soul...

(translation by original artist: http://patriatyrannus.deviantart.com/ )

Edit: Whoops. Apparently the "Jeebus saves"-guy actually isn't a priest, but one of those few (thankfully) rare guys that just can't shut up and only talk about religion....

QuoteThere are always people who like to share their enthusiasm in the religion, more than you want to hear. No mines were used and no jägers were hurt in the process. Although there was this one particular guy serving in my time, who was pretty much like that. I was inspired by a Finnish war novel titled "Taistelun tie" which is a story of one very religious man and his path through the war. There, a man stepped on a mine and the medic came to help him, only to step on a mine himself, and everything that was going through this main character guy's mind was to go there and talk to them about Jesus...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

superfes

Did you know some hospitals have rooms JUST for atheists?!

http://imgur.com/yTdsO
Nothing teaches the true teachings of Jesus Christ better than not following them.

Willow

Quote from: superfes on March 12, 2012, 09:50:31 PM

That's awful.  Where are their mummies?

KingPhilip

Quote from: Willow on March 12, 2012, 10:59:52 PM

It's a common practice, in the US at least, to keep the babies in a group nursery after being born to monitor them. I generally disagree with the idea and am happy that more hospitals to going to simply letting the baby stay with the mother in her room.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

superfes

Quote from: KingPhilip on March 12, 2012, 11:07:23 PM

It's a common practice, in the US at least, to keep the babies in a group nursery after being born to monitor them. I generally disagree with the idea and am happy that more hospitals to going to simply letting the baby stay with the mother in her room.

Yeah, when my wife had our baby she was in a crib next to mommy the whole time except for tests and such.

Certainly the better option (But the picture is still funny ;-)
Nothing teaches the true teachings of Jesus Christ better than not following them.

Guardian85

They are in a different room...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 13, 2012, 07:36:25 AM

They are in a different room...
Yes. Would be weird, mixing mummies with food.  :-\
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

KingPhilip

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on March 13, 2012, 06:21:33 PM

I love this. Hello new Facebook status. I can hear the hate comments now.  :)
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

Amicale

Quote from: KingPhilip on March 13, 2012, 09:33:02 PM
Quote from: RunFromMyLife on March 13, 2012, 06:21:33 PM

I love this. Hello new Facebook status. I can hear the hate comments now.  :)

It's cute, but it lost me when it suggested that Jesus gives away free healthcare. I know plenty of folks with all kinds of ailments who believe in him, but haven't received any healing to speak of.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

KingPhilip

Quote from: Amicale on March 14, 2012, 01:38:43 AMIt's cute, but it lost me when it suggested that Jesus gives away free healthcare. I know plenty of folks with all kinds of ailments who believe in him, but haven't received any healing to speak of.  :P

I assumed more that it was referring to when he performed supposedly miraculous acts in the bible curing peoples' ailments.

Amicale

Quote from: KingPhilip on March 14, 2012, 02:36:50 AM
Quote from: Amicale on March 14, 2012, 01:38:43 AMIt's cute, but it lost me when it suggested that Jesus gives away free healthcare. I know plenty of folks with all kinds of ailments who believe in him, but haven't received any healing to speak of.  :P

I assumed more that it was referring to when he performed supposedly miraculous acts in the bible curing peoples' ailments.

Yeah, I know. Funny how it seems like the miraculous healings have really dropped off in modern times, eh? :)

Forgive me. I'm all full of snark and vinegar tonight.  :P

Amicale

Guardian85

Hey, Asmo!  ;D

That guy is stealing your lunch!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-